Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Need help bench bleeding master cylinder

I am bench bleeding my 7/8" bore master cylinder for a manual brake conversion. I have the master level and the fittings with the clear hoses going back into the reservoir. The front port cleared the bubbles out quick and easy. The rear port is still full of tons of bubbles. I cannot get them to clear out. The bubbles do not completely go out the clear tube when the piston is pushed in so they just keep going back and forth. Just keep doing it over and over and over???? Thanks in advance I appreciate it!!

Country Flag: United States
      Are you certain the clear hose is completely sealed? If not it may be inducing air for you, and since it would induce it right to the end of the pump stroke you'd never see the bubbles stop.

If you are sealed up, you might try putting a vacuum pump on that one and see if you can draw it clear without stroking the pump. If that clears, but you get bubbles when pumping the piston, the master cylinder has a seal leak. The front and rear are completely separate systems, with their own seals, so one side being good has no bearing on the other side.

So for what ever reason after I typed my question I went back to bleeding the master and after a few strokes no bubbles!!!! Can't argue with results!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com