Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

67 Nova LS conversion

Hello Guys looking for some help.

Currently have a 67 Nova with Heidts Mustang 2 front end with manual rack ( has a small block chevy in it) reaching out to the guys who have done the LS conversion in this frame that care to share the conversion details. Going to be automatic tranny

- any clearance issues
      - what motor mounts
      - what oil pan,
      - any cutting, chopping or welding etc

Thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Are you using the same tranny you were using with the SBC? The LS itself will fit fine, my only clearance issues were with the T-56 magnum.

I am running the Heidts Superride, LSX and T-56 Magnum. I had to make a new trans tunnel but it is much larger than most automatics.

Oil Pan Holley 302-2BK, motor mounts came with the Heidts but are just energy suspension.

Country Flag: United States
      I used Dirty Dingo DD's set 1" forward. If I had it to do again I'd put them.in the stock location. I used a f-body oil pan. I found a very sweet deal on a set of Street & Performance 62-67 Chevy II ls swap headers. They fit very well. Not even sure if they still make these or much less still in business. With all of that said today without a doubt I'd buy CBR Stainless Works mid length headers. My ls2/t56 has GTO accessories as it came out of a 2006 GTO. If I didn't have accessories I'd get the Holley mid mount period. Slickest setup out imo.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com