Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Performance Trends Suspension Analyzer, New Release/Upgrade - Anyone Using?

I got a notification from Performance Trends last month with an offer to upgrade to their latest version "V2.4 C." I have been running the "B" version for some time, it's got a lot of bugs but there are work-arounds for the ones I have found so it works "okay."

New version offers a few items that are noteworthy. The biggest one for me is the "Force Based Roll Center," which is different than the "Kinematic Roll Center" - which is the norm, historically. I recall that the late, great, Bill Mitchell was a fan, if not the "inventor," of the FBRC, he had this in the WinGEO suspension program that I had used years ago, but after he passed, they didn't continue to upgrade so I went to P-Trends.

Roll centers for IFS and IRS are pretty controversial in the physical world, so it's not a huge deal, but wondering if folks out there have upgraded, and seen worthy results for this and other new features/bug fixes. A hundred bucks, is a hundred bucks, so before I pull the trigger thought I'd ask here.

Thanks!
      Mark Magers

Founder and Principal, Lateral Dynamics LLC
      [email protected]
      lateral-dynamics.com

One tenth of a second on the race track is often the difference between first place, and fourth.

Country Flag: United States
      I didn't know there was a new version. I've found it does not model the Art Morrison IRS roll center correctly at all. And if it doesn't do the AME it probably won't do the stock Fifth gen Camaro IRS as it's very similar in geometry.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com