Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RALLY Wheels Billet 18" HELP

Hi Guys

I am new here. First post

Just got my first car last monday (real car) 67 Camaro. Been wanting a first gen. for 30 years now so finally pulled the trigger and got one. Feels fantastic, living up to my dreams.

However there are some mods I like to do: Starting off with new wheels.

Been drooling over 18" Billet for many years now and was always planning to get a set when I finally got the right car. However it proves to be quit a challenge to find the right ones.

Back in the day members BigBoi and 69LSX and JY211 were running them.

The wheels I have my eyes on are Wheels Vintiques series 90 aka Circle Racing Billet Rally wheels in 8x18 with backspace around 4,75-5 and 9,5x18 backspace 5-5,5 with bolt pattern 5x4,75, Correct me if I'm wrong plz. Problem is they unfortunately stoped making them.

Does anybody here know when i can find a new or used set ? Would be a great help !

Or a wheel that's exactly like them not similar. Do not like the look of like American Racing VN327 or Wheel Smith Billet Rallys or Vision 55 Rally or Ecklers Rally wheel as small design differences changes the look of the rims completely.

I´m not sure if Rev Classic 107 looks exactly like the Wheels Vintiques, except being only 9" back. Are there others rims out there...

Plz help me

Name:  1967-1969 camaro jy211.jpg
Views: 4752
Size:  136.0 KB

Name:  67camaro5.jpg
Views: 5987
Size:  1.22 MB

Name:  20150826_120820.jpg
Views: 5235
Size:  185.6 KB

Name:  Skærmbillede 2020-09-23 kl. 11.51.26.jpg
Views: 3391
Size:  18.7 KB

Country Flag: United States
      American racing makes them all day long... They are cast, not "billet" but, for the price, they are hard to beat.
      https://www.bing.com/search?q=americ...37c94be9c99446

I put them on my '95 GMC in '14.
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

I’m familiar with the VN 327 from American Racing. Your right they offer quit the bang for the buck but as I wrote im not so much into the design. I prefer step lip instead of straight.

Wheels Vintiques are much more to my liking. So looking for them or an exact copy of them

Anybody have any information plz?

Bump

I bought the last 18” circle racing billet rally from summit a few weeks ago to have as a template in the future if required.

I agree that no other company has the lips like the circle racing wheels.

In my search I did find a guy that had the previous circle racing owner make him a set of wheels and was able to get their new contact info if it helps you.

I am looking for a set myself.

Smart to have a template for future comparisons with similar rims.

I would be thrilled to get the contact for the guy who owned Circle Racing in the past..

It would be absolutely amazing if he could make a couple of new sets for us

I’ve been hitting a dead end on all my research lately so great with some possible good news
      Thanks 👍🏻

Country Flag: Armenia
      I've been going down this road since March except I'm looking for 17's, and want silver center with polished lip. Mines for a '69 Camaro.

Are you sure youre not talking about the Wheel Vintiques Series 66 or 68?? They can make them in the backspace you want, but it would be custom, and kinda expensive.

American Racing - Too flat a lip and slots are not proportioned.
      Year One/Jegs - Too flat a lip
      Wheel Vintiques - The entire wheel is painted silver. Do not want the cost/hassle of having them painted.
      Vision 55 - Too flat a lip
      Wheel Smith - WAYYY to expensive. I think they quoted me $630 each

I finally settled on REV107, with the unfortunate 4.5 backspace. They are silver with a polished stepped lip. However, I have been waiting 2.5 months now for them to get the 17x8 in stock. COVID I guess.

None of these come in the 4.75 backspace. I think American and Wheel Vintiques can custom make them, but they are $600+ each.
      I'll be going with the 17x8 in front and will try to squeeze an 245/45 and 17x9 in rear with 275/40.

Quote Originally Posted by rv1890 View Post
      I've been going down this road since March except I'm looking for 17's, and want silver center with polished lip. Mines for a '69 Camaro.

Are you sure youre not talking about the Wheel Vintiques Series 66 or 68?? They can make them in the backspace you want, but it would be custom, and kinda expensive.

American Racing - Too flat a lip and slots are not proportioned.
      Year One/Jegs - Too flat a lip
      Wheel Vintiques - The entire wheel is painted silver. Do not want the cost/hassle of having them painted.
      Vision 55 - Too flat a lip
      Wheel Smith - WAYYY to expensive. I think they quoted me $630 each

I finally settled on REV107, with the unfortunate 4.5 backspace. They are silver with a polished stepped lip. However, I have been waiting 2.5 months now for them to get the 17x8 in stock. COVID I guess.

None of these come in the 4.75 backspace. I think American and Wheel Vintiques can custom make them, but they are $600+ each.
      I'll be going with the 17x8 in front and will try to squeeze an 245/45 and 17x9 in rear with 275/40.
      Wheel Vintiques Series 66 or 68 is only available up to 8” width. The wheels Wheel Vintiques in the pics I posted are Series 90. They came in 9,5 width and “billet” aluminum. Believe they are the same as Circle Racing series 90.

You are right. The brands you mention is either to flat lipped or with slots that doesn’t look right.

The Rev 107 seems to be the best option if Wheels Vintiques and Circle Racing series 90 can’t be found.
      But not many Rev 107 pictures on Camaro first gens out there.

Love to see yours when you get the wheels 😉

Quote Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
      I bought the last 18” circle racing billet rally from summit a few weeks ago to have as a template in the future if required.

I agree that no other company has the lips like the circle racing wheels.

In my search I did find a guy that had the previous circle racing owner make him a set of wheels and was able to get their new contact info if it helps you.

I am looking for a set myself.

Love to have the new contact information. Hopefully we can get a couple of sets made 😀

Yeah, my major concern is the 4.5 inch front backspace and 5 inch rear backspace that most of these come with. I've asked and asked with no clear cut answer from anyone.

Ive see forum posts from people who run them, but can never get a hold of anyone for better photos. Im worried the rear may stick out too far, and the front will rub. Finally I just bit the bullet and ordered them.

Large rally's are my favorite, but I cant justify the cost of custom sizes.

Oh, and Im in the same boat as you. Last month, I finally got my first gen after 30 years of dreaming of one. Congrats!

Yeah, my major concern is the 4.5 inch front backspace and 5 inch rear backspace that most of these come with. I've asked and asked with no clear cut answer from anyone.

Ive see forum posts from people who run them, but can never get a hold of anyone for better photos. Im worried the rear may stick out too far, and the front will rub. Finally I just bit the bullet and ordered them.

Oh, and Im in the same boat as you. Last month, I finally got my first gen after 30 years of dreaming of one. Congrats!

Thanks. I absolutely love the car. And congrats to you too. I almost got a 69 instead of my 67. But I fell for the stance and look of my 67. Like them both equally. First gen. is for sure amongst the nicest cars ever made.
      Looking forward to seeing your on your 69 😉

My Dealer just told me that Rev 107 is no longer available in full polished 18” so really have to find a set of Circle Racing / Wheels Vintiques Serie 90

Anyone know the exact brand of these stunning wheels on this 67 Camaro sold by Vanguard Motors ?

I’m thinking Circle Racing Serie 90 but I’m not sure they only list them as Restomod

Name:  8EE66FFB-1412-404B-A8CD-BE59A26B0321.jpeg
Views: 3614
Size:  170.7 KBName:  FBE857A8-5CF2-4BDF-9ACE-AD2BC4092725.jpeg
Views: 3792
Size:  147.8 KB
      Name:  0334E450-220D-4D4C-B79E-D71529013C9F.jpeg
Views: 3127
Size:  150.5 KB

Those aren't the Wheel Vintiques 68 Series?

Those aren't the Wheel Vintiques 68 Series?
      What can it be then? series 90 or different manufacturer we haven’t noticed yet?

Like the look of them.

American Racing...

I meant to say that they are the Vintiques series 68, or at least they look just like them.

I doubt they're American Racing. The ones on those are over sized slots.

FYI- I'm still waiting for the 17x8 Rev107's. Been 4 months now.....

Quote Originally Posted by mytmouz View Post
      American Racing...
      No American Racing doesn't have step lips.

Could be Rev107

I meant to say that they are the Vintiques series 68, or at least they look just like them.

I doubt they're American Racing. The ones on those are over sized slots.

FYI- I'm still waiting for the 17x8 Rev107's. Been 4 months now.....

You could be right. Also American Racing only makes them with straight lips.

Wheels Vintiques could clear it up but their customer service are horrible answering emails.

I can't wait to see yours with the Revs on

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com