Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: Armenia
      After 4 months I finally received the wheels, but only the rear's. Lol. They expect the fronts in stock in another 2 weeks. Anyways, I think they look awesome. I just hope the fitment wont cause any problems on my '69. Stay tuned

They are 17x8 4.5 backspace - 245/45/17 (debating on 235/45) Front
      17x9 5" backspace - 275/40/17 rear

Name:  rally 17.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  125.6 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Don't recall any success stories running that backspacing on the front with 245s (at least not without fender mods). 235 is usually the max.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Those wheels you were chasing - they were CIRCLE RACING wheels.

Sadly - just tried to look them up....think they are GONE. Gutted.

Was intending on buying some myself in the future.....real shame.

Hi Guys

Yes the Circle Racing are the wheels we are chasing. 100% those in the pictures. Circle Racing is the same as the Wheels Vintiques series 90.
      To clear up all misunderstandings.
      Circle Racing produced all the billet wheel. Wheels Vintiques was a company under Circle Racing before they were sold off.

They moved to Texas and are opening up a new shop as we speak. Www.circleracing.com. I have talked to Mike Stallings he can help you out.

i will post pic when I get the set

How are they sitting on the car with your backspacing ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
      Those wheels you were chasing - they were CIRCLE RACING wheels.

Sadly - just tried to look them up....think they are GONE. Gutted.

Was intending on buying some myself in the future.....real shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rv1890 View Post
      After 4 months I finally received the wheels, but only the rear's. Lol. They expect the fronts in stock in another 2 weeks. Anyways, I think they look awesome. I just hope the fitment wont cause any problems on my '69. Stay tuned

They are 17x8 4.5 backspace - 245/45/17 (debating on 235/45) Front
      17x9 5" backspace - 275/40/17 rear

Name:  rally 17.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  125.6 KB

Country Flag: Armenia
      Believe it or not I havent gotten the car back from the body shop. First place I took it wasnt making any progress, so I moved it to another. Should be done in the next couple weeks, I hope.

Did you order your set already? I checked the website and it says they are all custom order backspacing. May I ask what it cost and what backspace you ordered? Thanks.

I have Circle Racing Series 90 wheels 18x9.5 on my Camaro. I bought mine back in 2016. At that time Circle Racing was in California. I know their website was offline for a long time, but recently seen it back up. Them moving to Texas is news to me.

The wheel is very strong. I had my wheel lips polished and the centers brushed so I could paint the centers. When I bought mine they would do custom backspace.

When I was shopping for my wheels, I also looked at the Wheel Vintiques and Rev 107s. The Wheel Vintiques had a limitation on brake size on the inside. The Rev 107 I saw at a car show and I wasn’t happy with the quality, the Wheel was thin and the edges were sharp to the touch on the inside.

Name:  CEC6CDFE-C5B2-481E-A77E-E5CAB5C6B26F.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  538.0 KBName:  E7F2B3A9-CFB9-41E7-875F-B6C0F29B583F.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  705.6 KB
      Brian

'67 Camaro SS/RS, Blueprint Engines LS376, Bowler T56 Magnum
      Front suspension: Ridetech, Speedtech, DSE
      Rear suspension: Speedtech Torque Arm

Quote Originally Posted by rv1890 View Post
      Believe it or not I havent gotten the car back from the body shop. First place I took it wasnt making any progress, so I moved it to another. Should be done in the next couple weeks, I hope.

Did you order your set already? I checked the website and it says they are all custom order backspacing. May I ask what it cost and what backspace you ordered? Thanks.

I ordered them but until they are ready to start producing them, the backspacing is not 100% final. Mike suggested 18x8 - 4,75" and 18x9,5 5,25" bs. It might change as he was going to look through the measurements of the rims he have made through the years just to be sure it's the right measurements. Give mike a call regarding pricing

Quote Originally Posted by b17brian View Post
      I have Circle Racing Series 90 wheels 18x9.5 on my Camaro. I bought mine back in 2016. At that time Circle Racing was in California. I know their website was offline for a long time, but recently seen it back up. Them moving to Texas is news to me.

The wheel is very strong. I had my wheel lips polished and the centers brushed so I could paint the centers. When I bought mine they would do custom backspace.

When I was shopping for my wheels, I also looked at the Wheel Vintiques and Rev 107s. The Wheel Vintiques had a limitation on brake size on the inside. The Rev 107 I saw at a car show and I wasn’t happy with the quality, the Wheel was thin and the edges were sharp to the touch on the inside.

Name:  CEC6CDFE-C5B2-481E-A77E-E5CAB5C6B26F.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  538.0 KBName:  E7F2B3A9-CFB9-41E7-875F-B6C0F29B583F.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  705.6 KB

First of all Brian your car looks abselutly smashing ! And that background. I Love Camaro and Coke - What a photo

If yours is an RS mine is 100% like yours from the outside right down to all the moldings.

Wheels look so good! They look little different though to the ones first in this thread. Can this be down to front wheel sizing and back spacing ?

What size are you running in the front and what backspacing front and rear ?

Also they look a little different to the ones you posted a while back (not the finish) . Center looks more rounded on the 69? Might be the backspacing, sizing or how the pic was shoot..?

Name:  DSC04917_zpschulc62e-1.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  DSC04918_zpstgmpr6in-1.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  110.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Vacheron16 View Post
      First of all Brian your car looks abselutly smashing ! And that background. I Love Camaro and Coke - What a photo

If yours is an RS mine is 100% like yours from the outside right down to all the moldings.

Wheels look so good! They look little different though to the ones first in this thread. Can this be down to front wheel sizing and back spacing ?

What size are you running in the front and what backspacing front and rear ?
      Thanks for the compliments! My Camaro is a true RS car, but not much else left original.

I’m sure size and backspacing would change the appearance slightly from wheel to wheel. Mine are 18x9.5 front and rear. 6” backspace in front and 5.5” backspace on the rear. It took a lot of metal working to the fender and inner wheel well to fit 275 tires in front and I still scuff the frame at full lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacheron16 View Post
      Also they look a little different to the ones you posted a while back (not the finish) . Center looks more rounded on the 69? Might be the backspacing, sizing or how the pic was shoot..?

Name:  DSC04917_zpschulc62e-1.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  DSC04918_zpstgmpr6in-1.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  110.7 KB
      That blue 69 I saw on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It had 17” wheels. I’ve never found out who owns it. It does look a little more round. I can only assume it has to do with size and backspace. It could also be how it was programmed into the CNC machine, but that would be a question for Circle Racing.
      Brian

'67 Camaro SS/RS, Blueprint Engines LS376, Bowler T56 Magnum
      Front suspension: Ridetech, Speedtech, DSE
      Rear suspension: Speedtech Torque Arm

Thanks for the compliments! My Camaro is a true RS car, but not much else left original.

I’m sure size and backspacing would change the appearance slightly from wheel to wheel. Mine are 18x9.5 front and rear. 6” backspace in front and 5.5” backspace on the rear. It took a lot of metal working to the fender and inner wheel well to fit 275 tires in front and I still scuff the frame at full lock.

That blue 69 I saw on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It had 17” wheels. I’ve never found out who owns it. It does look a little more round. I can only assume it has to do with size and backspace. It could also be how it was programmed into the CNC machine, but that would be a question for Circle Racing.
      Funny mine is exactly the same original RS lots of mods.

Wow 9,5" in the front that's aggressive! Must have really good front end grip...no understeer there.

Regarding the roundness I believe you are right. I must be down to backspacing. I will ask Mike at Circle Racing about it.

Can I see more pic of the front and rear wheel a bit from the side. PM if you prefer.

Off topic question what lowering do you run in the rear. Looks right on point imo.

I was set on ET Mag minilites this summer but those billet rally wheels look fantastic.... Your car looks great!
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com