Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Quiet external EFI fuel pump experience

Hi been a while since I have posted. I do a lot of EFI stuff but have one that parts selection is fighting me

I generally push for an in tank pump, but in this case, the truck has the tank behind the seat, relocating it is not an option, and an in tank pump would likely be as noisy and very difficult to fab in a deep and narrow space.

I bought a Deastchworks 350iL inline pump and it works well for the port injected 461 but it is so noisy, it's incredible. Far worse than an old Holley Blue, sort of like that, a nest of angry hornets and a 3 year old kid temper tantrum at the same time.

The company said "you picked our noisiest pump" Go figure, BTW the code is, if the description isn't "quiet" assume LOUD..regardless, now I am trying to find someone with some experience in an external EFI pump to support 48 psi and 500 HP, -6AN in and out, preferably with some sort of threaded input and output (not hose ends) to adapt to full hard line. Truck is street driven.

Going to give Holley a call today, but would love to hear some real world experience

Thanks!
      70 Mustang - 489 cid FE, KC ported Edelbrock heads, Modified Victor Intake, Mass-flo EFI, Erson valvetrain, Supercomps, TKO-600, 4.10 9 inch.
      71 F-100 4x4 SB 4x4, 461 cid FE stroker, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI
      13 Ram Laramie 2500 4x4 6.7 diesel - trailer puller

Country Flag: United States
      I run the DW200 in tank pump in the Cougar and it is super quiet. Maybe they have an external version of that pump.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks for the reply, I think I am done with DW though, despite being clear that money is not and issue and I do not want or expect them to stand by the pump, they offer zero solution. "Not sure, but that one is noisy" got old quickly.

I did talk to Weldon, he says that he'd sell me an A600-A in a heartbeat, but it would be noisy with a -6AN feed and -6 outlet, and said before I spent a penny, would change the DW to an -8AN and see if it quiets down. I didn't really want to replace all my hard line, but looks like a requirement if I go with a quiet Weldon pump anyway
      70 Mustang - 489 cid FE, KC ported Edelbrock heads, Modified Victor Intake, Mass-flo EFI, Erson valvetrain, Supercomps, TKO-600, 4.10 9 inch.
      71 F-100 4x4 SB 4x4, 461 cid FE stroker, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI
      13 Ram Laramie 2500 4x4 6.7 diesel - trailer puller

Quote Originally Posted by My427stang View Post
      Thanks for the reply, I think I am done with DW though, despite being clear that money is not and issue and I do not want or expect them to stand by the pump, they offer zero solution. "Not sure, but that one is noisy" got old quickly.

I did talk to Weldon, he says that he'd sell me an A600-A in a heartbeat, but it would be noisy with a -6AN feed and -6 outlet, and said before I spent a penny, would change the DW to an -8AN and see if it quiets down. I didn't really want to replace all my hard line, but looks like a requirement if I go with a quiet Weldon pump anyway
      Changing the lines sounds like way more work than changing pumps. Holley makes some very nice brushless pumps, but I do not have direct experience with them, so I don't know how loud they might be.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I have a 1969 chevelle with a 383 and a tune port. Dyno was 409 at rear wheels with internal pump. Always had trouble when out late at nite or out in the boonies with a full tank of gas so changed over. Bought an external pump for a 7.3 Powerstroke from advance auto rubber mounted to frame with braided hoses. Comes with screw on hose fitting. I run 53psi. Keith

I'm running a Walbro GSL392 external pump and it's very quite.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com