Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New Kid on the Block!

Hi!

My name is Fast Eddy. I’m from Vidalia, Ga. (sweet onion country) And yep, I’m a car guy.

I’ve always enjoyed driving high performance cars and have owned many. Everything from blown alcohol dragsters, to Vipers, to European performance cars. I have a good bit of drag racing and land speed racing experience, and I’ve done some road course driving. The cars I’ve owned had varying degrees of modifications.

When I set records at Bonnieville, I re-engineered those cars for that sole purpose. But now I’m building a “pro-touring” 1965 mustang. Since this COVID mess has forced me into a temporary retirement of sorts, I’m using the free time to build this car from the “bare bones” on up in my shop. So, for the last 3 months, working on this car has been my full time job! I’m not complaining at all. I actually love working this project. Plus, it’s forced me to be more physically active. That’s had some great health benefits. I’ve lost over 20 pounds and gotten back in decent shape.

What’s funny to me is that what I wanted this car to be was a pro-touring car before I even knew that “pro-touring” cars was a thing. Also of interest, is that in ‘06 & ‘07 I set records at the Salt Flats with a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra in the “Production Supercharged” category. That meant that while I made many performance modifications that I designed myself, the car had to remain as originally equipped and configured. So I kept A/C, and full interior, and even had a working radio. She was street legal and so I guess you could say she was also a pro-touring car.

Any way, I’m happy to find this place and am looking forward to both learning and hopefully enjoying some events in my latest project.

Thanks for reading my late night ramblings.

Eddy :-)

Name:  A6F411E1-ADA4-4C24-AE2A-77BF4B1BCE25.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  57.9 KBName:  77469CEC-6BAB-4E7C-B520-CBCEC42543B9.jpeg
Views: 128
Size:  107.4 KBName:  C64CA95D-A5C9-451D-BA2F-7629C49F8A11.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  52.8 KBName:  80B82810-5D54-4C5E-90AB-6DD357822C37.jpeg
Views: 120
Size:  70.3 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! I can't wait to see what you do with the mustang, looking forward to some photos on the build

Welcome Eddy! Looking forward to your Mustang build. Please start a build thread.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome! Excited to see what you come up with for your build, should be good given your past experience haha

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com