Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

GM Wiper Motor Home Position

Does any one know if you can reset the home position on a wiper motor. My motor goes past its home position when you turn on the wipers. Best way to describe the problem is wipers move 90deg home position is 15deg for some reason. If i put the wipers on at the home position then turn them on the hit the cowl.

Unless the motor or arms are worn, the problem isn't the motor. The wiper blades need to be moved. There are directions showing how to remove them online. You want them to lay horizontal to the ground on the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Unless the motor or arms are worn, the problem isn't the motor. The wiper blades need to be moved. There are directions showing how to remove them online. You want them to lay horizontal to the ground on the glass.
      This. And after you remove the arms, switch the key on and turn wipers on, then turn wipers off with the key still on. Watch for the wiper shafts coming through the cowl to stop that shows the wiper motor "parked", then you can switch key off and reinstall the arms.

All that is assuming you don't have hidden wipers, where the wipers drop back behind the hood when off. Those instructions are for wipers that stay visible on the glass from outside the car when off. I didn't see what you were working on.

The arm on the wiper motor might be 180 degrees off. Remove it and flip it over. It should point to the center of the car when parked if I remember right.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com