Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

GTO front seats in 69 Camaro

Hi,

Has anyone put late model GTO seats into a 69 Camaro? How do they fit? Any problems with wiring them? What about mounting points and rails?

Country Flag: United States
      If you have access to the seats, measure them up. If they are close to the stock seats, laterally, they should fit the hole. Build a mounting frame to utilize the stock Camaro seat mounts so you don't have to cut it up. Some 1" angle and flat stock should give you the basics to bend and weld up a frame the GTO seats will bolt to.
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Motohead View Post
      Hi,

Has anyone put late model GTO seats into a 69 Camaro? How do they fit? Any problems with wiring them? What about mounting points and rails?
      I put 2016 Mustang GT seats in my '68 Camaro. I made my own mounting hardware and they are working great.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

BMW (e46) seats in A-body Convertible

Another good option is early 2000 BMW (e46) convertible seats. They have an integral shoulder belt built into the seats. If you go this route you should also reinforce the floor mounting locations as the seat mounts need to be strong enough to restrain the weight of the occupants, not just the seats. I used a 2" square washer and 2 layers of 16ga steel plug welded to the floor pan and rear cross brace. Here's a pic of them in my A-body convertible.

Passenger Seat
      Name:  IMG_9393.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  132.3 KB

Rear mounting reinforcement overlaps floor brace for added strength.
      Name:  IMG_7012.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  158.7 KB
      Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

I installed a set on a friend's 69 camaro. I split the seat track in half and narrowed it down to allow me to sink the seat track into the base of the seat bottom. I then welded tabs to it that allowed me to bolt the seat to the seat platform. I then wired power to the seats to use the power recline/seat adjust. I also trimmed the plastic cover on the side to clear the wire cover under the carpet.

Name:  242518_2160024038753_3917040_o.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  84.9 KB

Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension
      Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com