Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Which ptfe lined fuel line do you like or hate?

Currently working on my stainless hardlines that run the length of the car. I want to use ptfe lined hose to connect to the engine and fuel tank. There are a lot of choices these days! What are your experiences good and bad, any I should stay away from? I want to buy once and never have to replace them. Thanks in advance

Country Flag: United States
      I had been using Holley Earl's and Mr Gasket hoses and fittings for fuel, but I recently switched over to HotRodFuelHose.com and their stuff (for just my PTFE fuel lines). Great stuff for a very fair price.

I still use Holley Earl's and Mr Gasket for everything else.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I use Holley Earls Vaporguard. Not a fan of the stainless wrapped Teflon lines. The Vaporguard has an OEM look.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

For PTFE line I liked the product from Pegasus Auto Racing. Their 910 product line is lightweight and was easy to assemble with their fittings. I used it for all of my fuel lines and rear axle and gas tank vent lines.
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

I went tank to rail with Aeroquip about 12 years ago with zero issues. Put heat shield wrap around the line anywhere it got remotely close to exhaust.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Quote Originally Posted by ULTM8Z View Post
      I went tank to rail with Aeroquip about 12 years ago with zero issues. Put heat shield wrap around the line anywhere it got remotely close to exhaust.
      Which heat shield did you use? I need to make a buying decision on that for a new engine I'm putting in next month and I have no idea which will block and at the same time not soak and hold it in. It's for a road race car that will be singing at high RPM and the headers will be coated.
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Basically just the DSE wrap with the velcro. Fiberglass with metalization on the outside. Wrap it around the lines and secure with the velcro.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
      For PTFE line I liked the product from Pegasus Auto Racing. Their 910 product line is lightweight and was easy to assemble with their fittings. I used it for all of my fuel lines and rear axle and gas tank vent lines.
      That hose, both the 810 and 910, are made by Goodridge. Far and away the nicest PTFE hose I've ever worked with. The hose can practically be tied in a knot and the fittings install so easily it's crazy. Like good tools though, you will only cry once.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by ULTM8Z View Post
      Basically just the DSE wrap with the velcro. Fiberglass with metalization on the outside. Wrap it around the lines and secure with the velcro.
      Gotcha, I've used that before years ago. Thanks
      1969 Pontiac Firebird

I really liked the Earl's Ultra Pro the last time I made some fuel line changes, but the black -6 is no longer available due to some supply issue, just the SS braid in that size. I think it's the same as the Pagasus/goodridge stuff with the ribbed inner hose liner .

It's really light and extremely flexible, it is a little more costly than some.

https://www.holley.com/products/plum...hose/ultrapro/

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      That hose, both the 810 and 910, are made by Goodridge. Far and away the nicest PTFE hose I've ever worked with. The hose can practically be tied in a knot and the fittings install so easily it's crazy. Like good tools though, you will only cry once.

HA! I Just placed my order yesterday for thr 810 and fittings for my setup....and yes I'm not too proud to admit that I cried a little. The 45 degree fittings should be platinum for that price
      1973 Firebird 466 Pontiac, T56, C5 Brakes, PTFB and Hotchkis suspension
      2011 Camaro SS Supercharged, ZL1 body and brakes, Z28 suspension.

Goodridge 910

SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com