Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anodizing question.

I am tired of looking at my billet aluminum pulleys on my Camaro looking bad, so I am taking them of and polishing them again. While doing this I’ve decided to anodize them. My question is.. what color, or clear. I’m thinking if it’s going to be a color, either Blue, red or orange. The red and blue colors are like the colors on AN fittings. The orange looks good to. Or I could do them in clear. What do you guys think? I like the colors, just don’t want to start looking to ricey.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

I would steer clear of red and blue anodizing. Not a fan, it dates a build....

Apologies to all the guys with red and blue fittings.... ��

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

powder coat black?

Cerakote could be done yourself.
      Tracey

I have purchased the things to anodize. I have wanted to try this for quite a while. I used to work for a company that anodized automotive trim. They had 16 tanks, each measuring 12’x4’x8’ deep to do their anodizing in. Pretty interesting. If I find it just doesn’t work for me I’ll do something else. Besides, I really like the fact that the color dyes are translucent.
      Just got to pick a color (or clear).
      There is a translucent black that would probably look good to. The orange that I’ve got looks promising. The only color I’m not too fond of is the purple.

Any more color suggestions?
      Thanks guys..
      Carl

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Grey car, grey fittings? No idea if grey is an available color but if it is, you'd be the only one I ever heard of with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I would steer clear of red and blue anodizing. Not a fan, it dates a build....

Apologies to all the guys with red and blue fittings.... ��

Don
      I agree. If you heat red or blue, or any color, fittings, they turn black. This is what I did to get rid of the ricey look on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry M View Post
      I agree. If you heat red or blue, or any color, fittings, they turn black. This is what I did to get rid of the ricey look on my car.
      I've had the red and blue AN fittings on my fuel lines for a number of years. So far I guess they haven't gotten hot enough to turn them black. Look as good as they did when new.

Carl Wilson

Engine heat will not turn them black. You need to get them hot using a propane or butane torch.

Ok, I thought you were saying engine heat could turn them black. I misunderstood.
      I am leaning toward the black though. I just don’t like that they tarnish (or start oxidizing if left alone after polishing)

Carl Wilson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com