Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      Sorry i thoight you were being serious lol
      As for the factual aspects of tony developing his own stuff i dont know , only been to his house once and we spent more time discussing his career with gm , the very hush hush c 8 development (3 yrs ago) and his cambered rear end . So ill bow out and take your word for it lol .. cheers
      Np Ryan.
      That what tony said in our phone conversation.
      Not try to spread rumors or start fights.
      Lol

72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      If you've ordered through (Blank) and are getting excuses about manfacturer, call the manufacturer direct
      great point most shops are back up to speed... most.... UMI is still about 4 weeks behind on the higher end stuff, Ride tech had some spindle supply issues, CPP is still about 4 weeks behind on orders and a week behind on shipping anything that's in stock, Proforged has some products that are slow 2-3 weeks out, Viking has always been build to order about a week but are now 2-3 weeks behind

some shops are slow to ramp Inventory back up or have cut back on hand Inventory and some are now build to order

Quote Originally Posted by rohrt View Post
      Then get the adjustable SPC arms with delrin bushings and the HOWE tall BJ for the top.
      are you using spc are because of cost?

• I purchased the Moog Lower BJ but I have not put them in yet. Does Howe or PF make a better stock press in lower BJ I could use?

Proforged makes a WAY! better lower ball joint incase you haven't looked they give a million mile warranty on there ball joints

ok here is the sales pitch... give me a call at my shop, SuspensionGeek.com, I will help, I'm a site sponsor here and I now have an install and build shop in Tennessee we just opened it, or pm my thru here

^^ great to hear rod very happy for you on opening an install shop
      72 chevelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post

Proforged makes a WAY! better lower ball joint incase you haven't looked they give a million mile warranty on there ball joints
      Hey Rod,

Can you give some details about what makes the Proforged lower ball joints better than all the others? I've used Proforged, Moog, and ACDelco Professional lately, and the ACDelco Professional were the only ones made in the US. Not saying the guys in Taiwan can't beat us at our own game, just wondering what makes them better specifically.

For what it's worth, they all appear to be of decent quality and I haven't had issues with any of them. I'm also glad to hear you got a shop going!
      - Ryan

are you using spc are because of cost?

ok here is the sales pitch... give me a call at my shop, SuspensionGeek.com, I will help, I'm a site sponsor here and I now have an install and build shop in Tennessee we just opened it, or pm my thru here
      Where in Tennessee? I’m in Nashville.

hotwire

what kind of wheels are on your car while on the ramps
      yes it does have positraction

2002 Camaro SS wheels
      17x9, 56mm offset (7.25") running 1.25" spacers, so basically 17x9 with 6" backspacing.
      255/40/17 tires

*Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

Now that I have a filed a dispute with my CC company over never getting my parts from SC&C I need to figure out how to get what I need to get my car back on the road. I still feel Marcus gave me solid advice.

Lost and confused
      Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      Have you not read some of the most recent reports if his dealings . For those reasons yes ... previous to he would be the very first person id recommend a A body person to deal with . Why am i wrong with these thoughts ? Or opinion ?
      Mark is robbing Peter to pay Paul at this point. He's a great salesman, but is not following up on orders. I've seen several people fall into his excuse storm and never receive their parts. Just recently a co-worker had to cancel his CC order after 8 months of excuses to get his money back. If you've ordered through SC&C and are getting excuses about manfacturer, call the manufacturer direct, you'll see what I'm talking about. It's unfortunate that he's gotten to this point. (end soapbox)
      Mark is being screwed by the state of PA. He has been forced to lay off all of his employees because of COVID rules there. Normally he does tech support and tuning advice. His employees handle shipping, installs, finances, order follow up, etc. Now it is a one man show. Thus he is overwhelmed. Also, there are many other suppliers who are backordered on tons of components as well and their own products. COVID has really messed alot of things up.

I haven't personally experienced these ambiguous excuses you're referring to. What excuses has he given you all?

I just ordered a Watts link from him in March and received it 3 days after ordering.

I think alot of companies are in similar situations; they are taking orders they can't fill (for multiple reasons) for the promise of future sales. The issue I think most are having is you pay before the parts are shipped. In times like these with long leads you should be charged when parts ship. The issue with that is it is hard to track sometimes.

So here we are.

Not trying to derail the thread here but Mark is a fantastic guy and I can't just sit by and watch his name get drug through the dirt w/o proper explanation.

With that out of the way I am happy to help with the suspension selection issue. I will respond below
      Electrical/Mechanical Engineer
      1968 Camaro RS - Flat Black

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper68 View Post
      Mark is being screwed by the state of PA. He has been forced to lay off all of his employees because of COVID rules there. Normally he does tech support and tuning advice. His employees handle shipping, installs, finances, order follow up, etc. Now it is a one man show. Thus he is overwhelmed. Also, there are many other suppliers who are backordered on tons of components as well and their own products. COVID has really messed alot of things up.

I haven't personally experienced these ambiguous excuses you're referring to. What excuses has he given you all?

I just ordered a Watts link from him in March and received it 3 days after ordering.

I think alot of companies are in similar situations; they are taking orders they can't fill (for multiple reasons) for the promise of future sales. The issue I think most are having is you pay before the parts are shipped. In times like these with long leads you should be charged when parts ship. The issue with that is it is hard to track sometimes.

So here we are.

Not trying to derail the thread here but Mark is a fantastic guy and I can't just sit by and watch his name get drug through the dirt w/o proper explanation.

With that out of the way I am happy to help with the suspension selection issue. I will respond below
      UMI is in PA and they have their staff back at work and shipping parts. The issues I've seen in other forums predate COVID so I'm not buying that COVID is the reason, did COVID make the problems worse, probably but the issues were already happening.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ustoms-142520/

This guy posted in February and had already been waiting 6 months.

Mark is being screwed by the state of PA. He has been forced to lay off all of his employees because of COVID rules there. Normally he does tech support and tuning advice. His employees handle shipping, installs, finances, order follow up, etc. Now it is a one man show. ....

You bought the koolaid..

https://www.chevelles.com/threads/sc...forum.1106780/

https://www.chevelles.com/threads/sc...oooow.1100784/

https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/hellertown...0241-236027017

Google, you'll find more. Again, he's very personable on the phone, will expel volumes of knowledge on you if you have the time to listen and battery charger, but unfortunately he's taking orders, not fulfilling them. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with him but you are the first out of many that have not.
      *Jeff*

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with him but you are the first out of many that have not.
      I'll add my name to that "good experience" list too with Mark. I've ordered thousands of dollars of parts from him for my 442 over the years (most of my suspension now) and have nothing but good things to report and I'm a very happy customer. This includes all my rear suspension upgrades in June (middle of COVID). I'm happily drinking the cool aide. Every part and upgrade I ordered through him improved my 442 exactly how he said it would and the hours and hours he spent on the phone with me explaining why, how, and what to do was going way above and beyond in my opinion.

-Joe
      Joe Lincoln
      Lime Green 71 Olds 442 Convertible

Upgrades thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ible&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Cheveezy View Post
      UMI is in PA and they have their staff back at work and shipping parts. The issues I've seen in other forums predate COVID so I'm not buying that COVID is the reason, did COVID make the problems worse, probably but the issues were already happening.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ustoms-142520/

This guy posted in February and had already been waiting 6 months.
      You bought the koolaid..

https://www.chevelles.com/threads/sc...forum.1106780/

https://www.chevelles.com/threads/sc...oooow.1100784/

https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/hellertown...0241-236027017

Google, you'll find more. Again, he's very personable on the phone, will expel volumes of knowledge on you if you have the time to listen and battery charger, but unfortunately he's taking orders, not fulfilling them. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with him but you are the first out of many that have not.
      I read through the links. That is not good. He is heading down a bad path, one that leads to losing the business and alot of screwed over customers. Maybe I have been lucky. A friend, to whom I recommended Mark, just informed me it took 232 days from the time he ordered his SPC control arms to the time that he received them. Good thing he has all of his parts now.

It is obvious that he is hurting. It is also obvious he should only be charging when the order ships. He is in direct violation of FTC 16 CFR Part 435

From the FTC directly:

Quote Originally Posted by FTC
      RULE SUMMARY:
      The Rule, issued in 1975, requires sellers who solicit buyers to order merchandise through the mail, via the Internet, or by phone to have a reasonable basis to expect that the sellers can ship within the advertised time frame, or, if no time frame is specified, within 30 days. The Rule also requires that, when a seller cannot ship within the promised time, the seller must obtain the buyer’s consent to a delay in shipping or refund payment for the unshipped merchandise.
      Looks like there is a high probability he is floating the money. It is very hard to recover from that. I think I'm going to try to call him and talk some sense into him. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; but at least I will have tried. It is up to him to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by rohrt
      Car is a 64 Pontiac Tempest Convertible that is just a fun cruiser. I had planned on just replacing the Arm bushing with the ridetech Delrin bushing and the ProForged tall BJ.
      I then discovered 3 of my arms were junk so had to decide what direction to go. I'm still using drum brake up front for now.

The plane that Marcus help me decide on was get a stock replacement lower control arm and use the deline bushing I have. That way I can keep with the drum brakes. (I did this and its ready)
      Then get the adjustable SPC arms with delrin bushings and the HOWE tall BJ for the top. We all know how much he loves the Howe BJ
      Plus I was going to get the Varishocks for just the front since I was using my old KYB firebird shocks. He said they don't have the full travel.

So looking around on Summit they have the SPC arm (94320) but they come with rubber bushing not delrin and I don't see an option for it. SC&C arms say they have 4130 cross shafts. They also come with I assume a stock BJ. Was Marcus was selling his own variant of this arm? Hovering over the stock photo had the number spc94364pro. I realize its just a stock photo and probably doesn't' mean anything.
      Should I just use the proforged .5 taller BJ I got with my ridetech stuff and skip using the Howe BJ? Does the proforged have the same 64* range of motion?
      I purchased the Moog Lower BJ but I have not put them in yet. Does Howe or PF make a better stock press in lower BJ I could use?
      You can source virtually everything that Mark sells direct. At this point, I would just call the supplier directly and tell them what is going on and that you would like to purchase direct. I know you can buy everything from Chassisworks direct. Same with SPC. SPC should be able to option out any control arm you just like Mark can with the exception of the Howe UBJ/LBJ. Maybe now Howe will see what's up and sell direct. Speedtech will sell you AFX spindles all day direct. Don't have experience with ProForged but I've heard they're decent.

Personally I would replace all of the front control arms. They are very old and are prone to fatigue cracks especially near the LBJ hole. I really like my SPC stuff. I have the 94320 style upper but with a screw in UBJ for more tire/wheel clearance. Don't think you need that, 4 bolt style is probably fine.
      Electrical/Mechanical Engineer
      1968 Camaro RS - Flat Black

I read through the links. That is not good. He is heading down a bad path, one that leads to losing the business and alot of screwed over customers. Maybe I have been lucky. A friend, to whom I recommended Mark, just informed me it took 232 days from the time he ordered his SPC control arms to the time that he received them. Good thing he has all of his parts now.

It is obvious that he is hurting. It is also obvious he should only be charging when the order ships. He is in direct violation of FTC 16 CFR Part 435

From the FTC directly:

Looks like there is a high probability he is floating the money. It is very hard to recover from that. I think I'm going to try to call him and talk some sense into him. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't; but at least I will have tried. It is up to him to make it right.

You can source virtually everything that Mark sells direct. At this point, I would just call the supplier directly and tell them what is going on and that you would like to purchase direct. I know you can buy everything from Chassisworks direct. Same with SPC. SPC should be able to option out any control arm you just like Mark can with the exception of the Howe UBJ/LBJ. Maybe now Howe will see what's up and sell direct. Speedtech will sell you AFX spindles all day direct. Don't have experience with ProForged but I've heard they're decent.

Personally I would replace all of the front control arms. They are very old and are prone to fatigue cracks especially near the LBJ hole. I really like my SPC stuff. I have the 94320 style upper but with a screw in UBJ for more tire/wheel clearance. Don't think you need that, 4 bolt style is probably fine.
      I agree, he seems to be very genuine when on the phone with him, but unfortunately his time to deliver is not working in his favor. It'd be one thing if it were truly manufacturer/distributor / covid based problems, but after seeing first hand how he's manipulating people, then seeing it online, and the stories match up, it doesn't form a very favorable image of the guy. In the co-worker's case he repeatedly blamed lost paperwork, new employee, manufacturer delays, etc.. Co-worker called mfg, parts have been on the shelf before he even ordered. Seen this several times over looking around the net. Only thing I can figure is he's got in over his head and is taking orders to pay bills / fulfill older orders? He knows suspensions, hopefully he can find someone to handle the books/orders for him to get him back on track. To close it out, co-worker finally got Mark back on the phone after waiting 8 months, Mark confessed that he couldn't fulfill the request and to file a dispute with the CC company to refund his money. 10 months later co-worker received his $3k back, car still on jackstands with nothing to show after missing that money and time. Not cool.
      *Jeff*

great point most shops are back up to speed... most.... UMI is still about 4 weeks behind on the higher end stuff, Ride tech had some spindle supply issues, CPP is still about 4 weeks behind on orders and a week behind on shipping anything that's in stock, Proforged has some products that are slow 2-3 weeks out, Viking has always been build to order about a week but are now 2-3 weeks behind

some shops are slow to ramp Inventory back up or have cut back on hand Inventory and some are now build to order
      It's been a Crazy Year - we Never shut down, but our business is through the roof, which is causing some delays. We have been around over 20 years ( I have been here 8) and thru August we did more business than we did all of last year. So we are cranking things out, but this also puts a big strain on our suppliers that we asking more of. One of the outside CNC shops we used was just sold and are changing their direction so that created a little hiccup. The Solution - Buy THREE more Haas CNC Machines to bring more in house!

Add me to the list of screwed over customers by Savitske. Ordered almost $2000 worth of parts in June and hes vanished. Hes a crook and shouldn't be taking peoples money with no plans to deliver or even respond to calls or emails. Its too late for me to charge back my card, so now I have no idea how to get my money back. Legal action might be my only recourse.
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com