Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register



    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 21 to 31 of 31
    1. #21
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Location
      Deployed
      Posts
      3,267
      Country Flag: United States
      Appears these are really "bolt in only"...If you weld them in, how the heck will you ever remove the leafs?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build


      Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

    2. #22
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,308
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Benttube View Post
      Any plans making them for a 2nd gen camaro?
      We're going through the list on what cars we're going to build them for right now (and that one is on top of the list :D).
      Quote Originally Posted by 68Formula View Post
      Since you're incorporating a new spring mount bracket anyway, what about cutting the top off for clearance and seeing how high the leaf mount hole can be moved up to improve anti-squat? Aka, the Herb Adams Mod. Not sure how much you'd get on a 1st gen without having to cutting the floor, but some is probably better than none. Since part of it is tied into the connector, probably wouldn't take much reinforcement to make it rigid enough.
      The goal was to get them in the car without having to modify floor but it could be done for sure. The leaf mount that is incorporated with this is much stronger than factory so I don't believe any extra reinforcement would be needed. At this moment, we're really happy with this design but maybe down the road!
      Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Appears these are really "bolt in only"...If you weld them in, how the heck will you ever remove the leafs?
      Correct, they're built to be bolt in. We didn't want to put another cut/weld option out on the market as there are already a ton of those. We wanted these to hit all of the main goals that one would have for a subframe connector without having to cut the floor up or weld on the car.


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    3. #23
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      18

      Body mounts

      Solid body mounts are required when installing subframe connnectors, indeed for welded connectors. In my car I have polyurethane body bushings, should I need to replace them solid body mounts when installing your ridetech connectors? What is your advice?

      Thanks,

      Marc

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Location
      Lake Worth, FL
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Josh

      What about us guys & gals with the first Gen Convertibles ?
      I can be a test subject if you need one, I already have full coilover ridetech front suspension & rear ridetech 4 link installed..LOL
      thanks
      Scott

    5. #25
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,056
      Country Flag: United States

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,308
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Camaro68+69 View Post
      Josh

      What about us guys & gals with the first Gen Convertibles ?
      I can be a test subject if you need one, I already have full coilover ridetech front suspension & rear ridetech 4 link installed..LOL
      thanks
      Scott
      Hey Scott,

      Nothing for the convertibles just yet unfortunately! I'll pick on the guys for you :D.

      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      good install pictures Joshy
      Haha, thanks sir! I hope you're doing well Rod .

      Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
      Solid body mounts are required when installing subframe connnectors, indeed for welded connectors. In my car I have polyurethane body bushings, should I need to replace them solid body mounts when installing your Ridetech connectors? What is your advice?

      Thanks,

      Marc
      Hey Marc,

      With our kits, we've ran them with rubber, poly, and solid mounts. Although the solid mounts do make it a little more solid, they're not 100% necessary for ours.

      To me, the only reason that solid mounts would be required with weld-on subframe connectors is that replacing worn out bushings would be awful with everything being fully welded together.


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    7. #27
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      58
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]ridetech View Post
      Hey everyone,

      We have been tossing around the idea of building some subframe connectors for quite some time and decided it was time to make it happen. We just finalized the design for the 1st gen F body (for coupe cars only) a couple of months ago and are now shipping them out the door! Instead of trying to find a way to make a set that works with the original leaf spring mounts, we designed a setup that has an integrated leaf spring mount for even more added strength (which is the coolest part about these in my mind). These are a super nice fitting piece that help eliminate the chassis flex that these uni-body cars have fought since day one.

      https://www.ridetech.com/product/cam...me-connectors/

      Key points:


      • Fabricated from 1.5 in. x 3 in. x .125 wall steel
      • Rear of the connector mounts solidly into three existing floor pan bolt locations for maximum strength and completely replaces the original leaf spring pocket
      • Front of the connector bolts through the original subframe and is captured by the body bushing as well to enhance rigidity
      • No fabrication, all bolt-in installation
      • Tightly fitting against the floor for ground clearance
      • Works with OE leaf springs, Ridetech Streetgrip leaf springs, and Ridetech 4-Link rear suspensions
      • Powdercoated satin black
      • Hardware included



      Attachment 179022
      Attachment 179023
      Attachment 179024
      Attachment 179025
      REALLY, REALLY sad that I didnít know these were coming. Now I have welded in DSE ones. Another cut the floor, weld, etc. thing that could have been avoided. If you guys come up with any more news things, let me know. I need to set up notifications for RideTech info...

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Posts
      12
      It's been 7 months since the last update on subframe connectors for 1st gen convertibles. Anything in process?

    9. #29
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Posts
      2,445
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68conv455 View Post
      It's been 7 months since the last update on subframe connectors for 1st gen convertibles. Anything in process?
      Doesn't look like it yet. No love for us verts.

      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Walla Walla, WA
      Posts
      1,554
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
      REALLY, REALLY sad that I didnít know these were coming. Now I have welded in DSE ones. Another cut the floor, weld, etc. thing that could have been avoided. If you guys come up with any more news things, let me know. I need to set up notifications for ridetech info...
      I'd say you're probably good with the DSE connectors. The front mount on these (and a lot of the bolt in options) doesn't seem to me to be that stout versus torsional forces in the body. Here's what I did with DSE SFC's. The ears are 1/4" steel, are welded to the subframe and engage the SFCs at two points with 1/2" hardware. I sleeved the SFC's so they wouldn't collapse under the clamping pressure of the hardware.

      Name:  undersidetowardfront.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  69.7 KB
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

    11. #31
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,308
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 68conv455 View Post
      It's been 7 months since the last update on subframe connectors for 1st gen convertibles. Anything in process?
      Just got done with the R&D on them not too long ago, you should be seeing an update shortly!

      Quote Originally Posted by Mkelcy View Post
      I'd say you're probably good with the DSE connectors. The front mount on these (and a lot of the bolt in options) doesn't seem to me to be that stout versus torsional forces in the body. Here's what I did with DSE SFC's. The ears are 1/4" steel, are welded to the subframe and engage the SFCs at two points with 1/2" hardware. I sleeved the SFC's so they wouldn't collapse under the clamping pressure of the hardware.



      Name:  undersidetowardfront.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  69.7 KB
      With the connector being clamped on the sides and sandwiched between the body mount, they're extremely stout. You'd be surprised .


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2