Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sc&c

Country Flag: United States

Sc&c

[QUOTE=protour_chevelle;1339469]I will say, I always supported them and sent people their way until recently. I emailed them several times, only received one reply from my first email. My business went elsewhere, Chadwick at Speedtech was flawless to deal with.[/QUOTE

Sucks for all parties.
    I've used mark alot for parts,never had issues.
    He was higher in price then say jegs or summit, but his knowledge is worth the extra bucks.
    I hope he can repair his business and relationships.

Reminds me of the Ron sutton area,everyone loved and praised him,then when he wasn't committing to orders,which was expected,people wanted to hang him.
    72 chevelle.

Add me to the list of screwed over customers by Savitske. Ordered almost $2000 worth of parts in June and hes vanished. Hes a crook and shouldn't be taking peoples money with no plans to deliver or even respond to calls or emails. Its too late for me to charge back my card, so now I have no idea how to get my money back. Legal action might be my only recourse.
    67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Any updates on this? I used Savitske several years ago for my Camaro suspension. Shipping was slow, but he let me know before I placed the order that it would be. Though it was even slower than expected. Just hate to see another business fall apart like this.
    Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

That sucks. I dealt with him in the past, nice enough guy.
    Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ... My junk, featuring the Red Dragon ... NastyZ28 ... NJ Camaros & Firebirds

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
    I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by AU Doc View Post
    Just hate to see another business fall apart like this.
    so do I....real advice comes from the small shops like us, I don't have an ebay store, because of the economics of that mess, and I have a full build/installation shop because web sales alone for a small business in current times is very tough to sustain

its all a matter of economics,

a reseller usually from any manufacturer only gets 15-20 percent back, and has to make a sale and a living inside that percentage, you don't call summit or jegs and ask for a discount but you call the little guy with less volume and and immediately ask for a discount.. so now that little guy gives you half his profit say 10% discount on his 20% get the calculator out and figure it out, he has to sell 20,000 dollars worth of product to make 2000 bucks for the month..and he has to pay for an online website(40 bucks), credit card processing (1% of the sales so 200 bucks) that's the basics so 20,000 sold and 1,760 bucks is the take home divide that by 4 weeks at 40 hours(160 hours) he making 11 bucks an hour....., that just the basics, and I work wayyyy more the 40 hours a week

So 20,000 dollars with an ebay store that runs 40 bucks a month, plus 1.2% final value fees 240 bucks, and paypay 2.9 processing $580 buck, that really cuts into the 2000 dollars ... that leaves the seller 1180 bucks for a months work and 20.000 dollars in sales

more economics

most manufactures have a 30% markup on what they make + 20% for the dealer.... so you order direct and manufactures dont give discounts..they make the 30%+20% ... that's why the big shops grow and the little shops fade

please support small
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rod; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AU Doc View Post
    Any updates on this? I used Savitske several years ago for my Camaro suspension. Shipping was slow, but he let me know before I placed the order that it would be. Though it was even slower than expected. Just hate to see another business fall apart like this.
    Amazingly I recently received most of the parts I ordered back in June out of the blue. I still am waiting for a few other parts though. I called Howe Racing, and the parts I'm still missing have been on the shelf and ready to ship the whole time. He hasn't communicated with me once, since July and I've called and emailed literally dozens of times. Every manufacturer I've called said their business with him is going down the tubes. STAY AWAY.
    67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    so do I....real advice comes from the small shops like us, I don't have an ebay store, because of the economics of that mess, and I have a full build/installation shop because web sales alone for a small business in current times is very tough to sustain

its all a matter of economics,

a reseller usually from any manufacturer only gets 15-20 percent back, and has to make a sale and a living inside that percentage, you don't call summit or jegs and ask for a discount but you call the little guy with less volume and and immediately ask for a discount.. so now that little guy gives you half his profit say 10% discount on his 20% get the calculator out and figure it out, he has to sell 20,000 dollars worth of product to make 2000 bucks for the month..and he has to pay for an online website(40 bucks), credit card processing (1% of the sales so 200 bucks) that's the basics so 20,000 sold and 1,760 bucks is the take home divide that by 4 weeks at 40 hours(160 hours) he making 11 bucks an hour....., that just the basics, and I work wayyyy more the 40 hours a week

So 20,000 dollars with an ebay store that runs 40 bucks a month, plus 1.2% final value fees 240 bucks, and paypay 2.9 processing $580 buck, that really cuts into the 2000 dollars ... that leaves the seller 1180 bucks for a months work and 20.000 dollars in sales

more economics

most manufactures have a 30% markup on what they make + 20% for the dealer.... so you order direct and manufactures dont give discounts..they make the 30%+20% ... that's why the big shops grow and the little shops fade

please support small
    What makes people think they are going to get rich just flipping someone else's product? Granted you can do that if you got the volume and the capital to do it....that's what Summit does. Unless you have that sort of business and all the connections that go with it, I agree the parts have to be secondary income to an install facility or a restoration shop. It does stink that when you buy parts from places like DSE direct its the same price as everyone else and they keep the extra profits, but if they lowered their prices to not do that, everyone would buy direct and the speed shops really wouldn't get any business. I feel that's why it has to be a passion...I think too many people think they are going to live the high life....have $100K promo cars they race at events for free...and just hang out and have fun. Its just not realistic and many of these shops figure it out the hard way. I think JEGS days are numbered....I think its also important to consider the guy asking for a discount is also only making $12-$15hr....If you want to make big bucks you got to have a service not just anyone can do. Detroit Speed should be and deserves to be making the big bucks...

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
    https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2