Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Plasti dip on a daily driver

Was just wanting to get some opinions on what to expect on plasti coating a true daily driver (every day) first gen. Don't have the funds for a nice paint job and, if I did I'd be as nervous as a one eyed cat watching two rat holes worrying about it getting dinged, chipped or scratched. So this seems like an option as far as getting the overall appearane looking really nice without the worry. Would just like to hear from some real world experience from guys that have done this. I just got done with all body work and, is straight and ready to shoot. I know the coating won't last forever and other people tell me to "just wrap it". Just curious what to expect out of it for a year to year and a half. Thanks Forgot to add I was planning on going with a flat white finish with possible vinyl top.

No direct experience myself, but a forum I was once a member of had a lot of love for plasti-dip. The members there were getting more than a couple of years on plastidipped wheels, and considering the heat and abuse wheels get being right down against the road where the gravel flies that was pretty impressive. Others were getting the same life out of it on stripes and whatnot on the car bodies. Worst thing you might have to do is touch it up occasionally and from what I understand even touch-ups aren't a big issue. I'd never recommend it over a regular paint job, of course, but you could do worse.

How about a vinyl wrap? It is stronger than plastidip.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com