Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Strange S60 weird ?

Hello all. I got a weird question about a strange s60 I just ordered and had them build. It’s for my 68 Camaro running Hotchkis multi leaf springs. Stock width no mini tubs or anything. The problem I’m having is the passenger leaf spring mount welded to the tube is crooked / welded at an angle. I emailed the sales guy this morning and he called and told me it was normal?! Doesn’t make sense to me as the springs run straight front to back on the car and the mount on the drivers side isn’t crooked at all. I’ll post pics please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
      Bubba

Attached Images Attached Images      
      Bubba Cox
      Odessa, Tx
      1968 Camaro

The leaf spring is actually narrow in the front mount and it get wider going toward the shackle. But if only one side is crooked then somebody screwed up.

The driver side is perfectly straight. The passenger side is about .5” crooked.
      Bubba Cox
      Odessa, Tx
      1968 Camaro

Country Flag: United States
      Have never had a quality issue like this with Strange Engineering, and have been dealing with them for nearly 20 years. I'd send your pictures to them and speak with someone on this, something is very wrong here.
      Mark Magers

Founder and Principal, Lateral Dynamics LLC
      [email protected]
      lateral-dynamics.com

One tenth of a second on the race track is often the difference between first place, and fourth.

Yes sir that’s the first thing I did this morning was send the pictures to the sales guy who helped me the whole way with my purchase. He called back pretty quick and told me it was normal. I just wanted to get some second opinions before I called back raising a fuss. But it just doesn’t seem right to me and makes no sense as to why it would be crooked. And the driver side not. Posted over on yellow bullet as well and those guys are saying without a doubt its messed up. More feedback I can get the better tho.
      Bubba Cox
      Odessa, Tx
      1968 Camaro

Maybe the drivers side one is wrong. Are they supposed to be a little angled?

Probably why he was saying it was normal
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

At this point I don’t even know. The ones on my 10 bolt were dead nuts straight. But I’m gonna go out and take some way better pictures of both sides tomorrow. I’ll post them.
      Bubba Cox
      Odessa, Tx
      1968 Camaro

I agree on taking a picture both sides. Then they have no excuse on what is considered normal as both sides should be straight or both crooked in relation to the wider angle towards the rear shackle. Good luck.

I took more pictures this afternoon with a digital caliper. So we are in the middle of some kind of process here. They want more pictures and measurements of the inside of the spring perches now. No idea why but I’m gonna send them tomorrow and go from there I guess.
      Bubba Cox
      Odessa, Tx
      1968 Camaro

Ok finally got around to messing with this some more. They wanted more pictures so I obliged. Went ahead and hung the rear best I could. The last 3 pictures or so are the passenger side. (the side with the crooked perch to the eye). It fell into place before the driver side did so I left it. I move over to the driver side and you can see how far off it is. I even tried to yank, pull, pry it back to make it fit. No go. They almost had me thinking I was crazy and the passenger side was supposed to be like that. Well now there is no question its not. LOL. Anyways here is the latest pictures please chime in and let me know what you guys think. Also I emailed these to Strange Thursday night and no reply as of yet.
      Name:  IMG_2583.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  133.5 KBName:  IMG_2587.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  117.2 KBName:  IMG_2589.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  138.9 KBName:  IMG_2588.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  132.1 KBName:  IMG_2583.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  133.5 KBName:  IMG_2590.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  141.7 KBName:  IMG_2586.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  109.0 KBName:  IMG_2585.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  96.3 KBName:  IMG_2584.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  96.7 KB

On a side note the salesman Tucker @ Strange is a super nice guy. I'm just confused on why this has become such a pain on my end. I know they sell a million rear ends a day for all kinds of different setups. Surely they've sold a couple S-60's going in a 68 Camaro before. Hence why its almost got me feeling like I've done something wrong here.
      Bubba Cox
      Odessa, Tx
      1968 Camaro

I know this is an older thread but....what was the outcome?

Mike
      86 Buick GN, Stage 2 V6, Twin EFR Turbos

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com