Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by anguilla1980 View Post
      Here are a couple I just took for you...

.Attachment 181130Attachment 181131
      Thank you, so much... what would you change or do differently if you were to do it again?

Country Flag: United States
      Nothing. It's the perfect spot. I only plan on making some additional cosmetic changes. I've been really happy with the setup.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Awesome, thanks again... Do you have a lee's steering box or just running the reservoir? If you are running the steering box, can you comment on which ratio you have and your thoughts on the system

Quote Originally Posted by 1320str8liner View Post
      Awesome, thanks again... Do you have a lee's steering box or just running the reservoir? If you are running the steering box, can you comment on which ratio you have and your thoughts on the system
      I have a TurnOne SB2 600 series box that's 10:1 with the 235 (aka 35lb) t-bar I'm running with the Lee pump kit. I like the 235 t-bar for road racing but a 225 would be more appropriate for auto-x.
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I have a TurnOne SB2 600 series box that's 10:1 with the 235 (aka 35lb) t-bar I'm running with the Lee pump kit. I like the 235 t-bar for road racing but a 225 would be more appropriate for auto-x.

Why 10:1 over 12:1 with the same 225 or 235? I see a lot of people upgrade, but stay with the 12:1. There also seems to be a significant price difference between the two

Just personal preference and what you are going to do with the car plus how it's set up. To me, 12:1 was not enough of an improvement.
      1969 Pontiac Firebird

Just personal preference and what you are going to do with the car plus how it's set up. To me, 12:1 was not enough of an improvement.
      Are you street or track use? I have a 72 Chevelle (will be mostly street performance and auto-x track on a few weekends here and there) and I'm wanting to go with a hydratech hydra boost system and gearbox upgrade at the same time.

I have heard of LEE's and I watched a video about the 9:1 that he offers which is probably close to the 10:1 you are running. In the video the guy seemed to really like the 9:1, but it would not be first choice for a mostly street car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com