Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Advanced Keys support-there is none!

Is Advanced Keys out of business? I've been trying to get in touch with the support line for about a month now and no reply, can't get through on the phone line either!
      Really disappointed in their support...they say in their information pack they will get back to you in 24 hours...not so!
      This is a new build and here's the problem. I'm using the AK-105B, manual transmission. I can't start the car with my foot on the brake, all the safety switch's are in place, checked the wiring multiple times. Anyone have this problem?
      I'm about ready to pull it out and go with another setup!

Does it start if you don't push the brake in?

Yes. It does

Just a shot in the dark, you might try to contact Digital Guard Dawg.
      I looked at the Advanced Keys webpage and the product looks similar to the DGD system I just installed.
      Maybe their techs can help. Bruce spent 2 or 3 phone calls with me diagnosing an issue I was having.

I just looked at the install manuals for the kit you mentioned, it is the same as the DGD manuals.
      I wish you luck!
      Dan
      2,500th member!

The cause of my issues was a worn out original brake switch. I changed it out and things seem to be working properly.
      If you are not using a new one, you might consider changing that out.
      There was also something in my instructions about whether there was a 12v signal at rest or on activation.

Dan
      2,500th member!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply, I was looking at the digital guard dawg and thought if if couldn't find the problem with the Advanced Keys system it will be replaced with the DGD.
      Are you u s ing the PBS-II? Any problems with the install.
      I will give Bruce a call, hope they will help me out!

The car is a new build with all new parts, but nothing saying that it ould be defective.

Thank you for your help,
      John

John,
      I am using the I-Key system, it has the passive keyless entry and push button ignition as a kit.
      The install was not overly complicated, but I took my time. I did a dry fit and test on the PKE on one day, the PBS the next day and, did the final install and hard wiring over that weekend. I was feeling pretty good until the brake signal from the bad switch caused the system to go completely haywire. The system ended up going into programing mode and I could not get anything to work the way it was supposed to.
      I contacted DGD tech by email that evening and the next morning Bruce called me and we started walking through the diagnostics. I was extremely pleased and thankful that they took the time to work with me to resolve the issue.
      I have been trying to finish up multiple tasks over the last two weeks. We have just added fuel to the tank, pressurized the system and actually did the first start up with the PBS this evening. I am relieved that the start up and the shut down sequences worked!
      Later man!
      Dan
      2,500th member!

Quote Originally Posted by blown32 View Post
      Yes. It does
      I pulled up the directions for your system. The only input that computer is looking for from the brakes is 0 V when the pedal is not pushed, and 12 v when the pedal is pushed. You'll need to find where you plugged the brown wire in, and figure out why you're seeing 12 v when the pedal isn't pushed and 0 V when it is. You can verify this by removing the brown wire from wherever it's plugged in and rigging a switch that you can use to toggle 12 V to it for testing purposes. If nothing else you can tap a brake line to supply the 12 V, but I'd suggest using a relay for that tap. Splicing directly in may rob voltage from the brake lights making them less bright, but running the brake line through the control ports on a relay won't drop voltage by enough to matter.

That existing 12 V when the brake pedal's not pushed is also a potential battery drain, so that's a separate problem that needs to be investigated. Seeing 12 V that's interrupted by the pedal being pushed, that means you have a constant 12 V going to ground at that point.

I researched all of these systems and decided to go with the Switch-Pros SP-9100 push button panel. I can program and control it via BT so I can use it to unlock my power door locks if needed, perform remote start, etc.

After installing my Ididit Pro-Lite column that didn't support an ignition switch I needed to do something and this seemed like the best option considering I wanted to control things independently when my car isn't running and didn't want the ignition hot like my Holley ECU (for tuning/firmware), fans, stereo system, etc. but for everyday use I can program it to auto-start sequence all that stuff after ignition and start.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com