Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Need Assistance from the Vent Window Club

I have an unusual Pro-Touring build, a 1974 Mazda REPU (Rotary Engine Pick-Up). But my issue lies with the fact that the Mazda REPU/ B1600/B1800/B2000 and Ford Courier, from 1972-1983 are totally underserved with regard to the availability of Sealing Rubber; ie, door seals, window seals, VENT window seals, etc.

There is one company that makes the door, window and f/r windshield seals, but the VENT window seal is nonexistent and parts are long since discontinued. Since they are not available, I'm trying to find a vehicle with a vent window that is as close to the REPU/B-Series/Courier as possible to modify to make work.

I am needing help from anyone willing, to measure the vent window on your car and post up the measurements similar to the one in the picture. The more accurate, the better.

All help on this is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks everyone for reading or helping.

-Mr. SmithName:  c591604eb008c77791fa7b755cff.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  48.4 KB

Might try these guys.

https://www.steelerubber.com/request-custom-catalog

They have a Ford Courier as an option for their custom catalog.

Vimes, thank you. I had looked at Steele, but I must have missed the Courier catalog. I'm awaiting catalogs from them. Thanks for the help. If anyone else has a line on anything else that might help, I'll gladly take it.

I have reached out to SoffSeal to no avail, so anything but them.

-Mr.Smith

I received the catalogs about a month ago. The Courier catalog was a staggering 1 page, which consisted of flat rubber for "trim edge".

So, I'm still at the same point of attempting to recondition an old part as much as possible, as I haven't been able to find measurements on any other seals.

At this point ANYTHING more than what I have will be a starting point.

If anyone has measurements, of any kind, I'll gladly take them.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by billfckthswrld View Post
      That's bad
      Tell me about it.

Still no measurements, I see. I did some more checking and it looks like Steele Rubber might be able to help you out. They do handmade rubber seals, and while they don't say they offer for your truck, it looks like they might be able to help you get something close enough to work. Be worth a shot.

If not, Speedway offers a kit that will let you convert to a wingless window for 150 bucks, and that did come up under a search. But I'd leave that as a last resort. Wing windows are almost as good as air conditioning, especially when you have floor vents to go with them.

Something that was curious to me, CarID (who I don't like recommending to anyone) comes up with a set of wing window seals, Sherman part numbers F4700 and F4701 specifically for the 1974 Courier. It says this one replaces factory part numbers FO1396101 and D3TZ1021449A. But, when you look those part numbers up, they come up as F150 wing windows of the same year range. Might be something that can be cut down, if nothing else.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com