Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Firebird Kick Panels.

Hello. Help!!!. I have 69 Firebird. I have Vintage Air System with AC and heater. The lines are steel braided so not very flexible. The company doing my car already have them in. They come through where old blower motor was and through baffles behind kick panel location. They used the baffles that came with Vintage air kit. So the lines come through top of baffle with grommets in the baffles. The Shop LLC kick panels will not work like this. Does anyone know of kick panels that will work with speakers in them?. Or someone who makes them custom?

Thanks Jerry.
      Last edited by andrewb70; 07-16-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkkwag1 View Post
      Hello. Help!!!. I have 69 Firebird. I have Vintage Air System with AC and heater. The lines are steel braided so not very flexible. The company doing my car already have them in. They come through where old blower motor was and through baffles behind kick panel location. They used the baffles that came with Vintage air kit. So the lines come through top of baffle with grommets in the baffles. The Shop LLC kick panels will not work like this. Does anyone know of kick panels that will work with speakers in them?. Or someone who makes them custom?

Thanks Jerry.
      I am sure that any competent, local stereo installer can make you custom kick panels.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Screamin performance

Yeah. Wondering if anyone use screamin performance in theirs with vintage air? In either 67,68, or 69 Firebird or Camaro.

Glad I found this thread, I was going to order those kick panels as well.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

I just ordered some kick panels from Classic Car Stereos.
      '72 Lemans
      468 Stroker; Aluminum KRE D-Ports ported by CVMS (10.2 comp); XR288HR Comp Cam; Port Matched Performer RPM; Quick Fuel Carb; Doug Long Tube Headers, 2.5 exhaust with H-pipe and Flowmasters; TH-400 w/11" 2800 stall; 9" Rear w/Eaton TruTrac Diff and 3.50 gears.

You can still use the The Shops kick panels. You just need to drill your own holes in the inner cowl for the lines to pass though. I will try to get a picture of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      You can still use the The Shops kick panels. You just need to drill your own holes in the inner cowl for the lines to pass though. I will try to get a picture of mine.
      Thanks. A pic would help a lot.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

But what if already have hoses installed the way vintage air says to do so?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com