Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

ZZ4 - Lt1 T56 Flywheel? Help!

So I have a ZZ4 gm crate engine for my 86z28 and a 94z28 donor car, from what I read the ZZ4 and the Lt1 are 1pc RMS.. Will the Lt1 Flywheel work with the ZZ4/t56? if not anyone know what flywheel would? Also a decent clutch?

I use a 1994 Camaro LT1 flywheel on my HT383 which is also a 1 piece rear main seal. Bolts right up.

I used the stock LT1 clutch for a while, then tried a RAM 500 hp clutch that didn't last long and settled on a Mcleod Street Extreme kit that has been rock solid.

https://www.mcleodracing.com/index.p...lutch-kit.html

This clutch setup is a bit of a strange duck the way it pulls on the throwout bearing rather than pushes on it. Just be aware it's an oddity.

One other thing is you'll probably have to clearance the front edges of the fork or it'll contact the edge of the pressure plate and it wouldn't hurt to shorten the stand the fork pivot attaches too as well. The new replacement pressure plates are a bit thicker than factory and the fork will contact the plate before the clutch releases. It's a very common issue with all of these LT1 clutch setups.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

1986 was the first year for one piece rear seal, so if you have transmission parts for a 94 Camaro, you will be good. You will know as soon as you try to bolt it on. If is not compatible, it won't go on, bolt circle is different.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Ok awesome thanks for the info..I’m sure that clutch is great and all, but at almost $900 I was hoping for one cheaper. My engine has 350hp/400tq and that’s at the crank. I have a cam, and plan on a few upgrades but most I’m expecting is 400hp range at crank. Something alittle better than stock I would assume to be ok?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mcl-75316 $692

I killed the Ram Clutch in less than 2 seasons of autocrossing with my 340 hp, 430 ft lb HT383.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralLee-01 View Post
      Ok awesome thanks for the info..I’m sure that clutch is great and all, but at almost $900 I was hoping for one cheaper. My engine has 350hp/400tq and that’s at the crank. I have a cam, and plan on a few upgrades but most I’m expecting is 400hp range at crank. Something alittle better than stock I would assume to be ok?
      Rockauto lists many options for stock style clutches, which if you are just driving around, should be fine.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I’m not Drag racing, just a weekend driver I beat on here and there. I see clutches even on summit that say up to 500hp or 550hp for like $300. This one (good reviews) says could hold up to 490hp and 510ft (remember I have 350hp/408tq@flywheel, which May go up to 400hp near future) $211.00. : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...t/model/camaro

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralLee-01 View Post
      I’m not Drag racing, just a weekend driver I beat on here and there. I see clutches even on summit that say up to 500hp or 550hp for like $300. This one (good reviews) says could hold up to 490hp and 510ft (remember I have 350hp/408tq@flywheel, which May go up to 400hp near future) $211.00. : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...t/model/camaro
      Go for it. I bet it will drive real nice with that clutch.

Andrew

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com