Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ridetech Experience Please

Hi,

I've been all over the forums looking for definitive information to my question. It's the same question, different day, different user. But, does anyone have direct experience with the ridetech suspension packages?

I have a 69 Camaro. I have settled on ridetech, but have not settled on the Street Grip or the full coilover with 4-link. It will be a semi-daily driver that occasionally goes to autocross, or SPDE with SCCA. 18 years ago I rebuilt the front end with PST, cut Hotchki's, derched rear multi-leaf, poly bushings through out (including body), slappers, and KYB GAs. I know, I know, ditch the KYBs. Nevertheless, I'm looking for a less harsh ride, but can still hang in the corners. I kind of want this to be the last suspension I put in. I will also be getting the brake package too.

Total honesty, I have had my heart set on the coilovers package for a long while, like the handling possibilities, and love the look. But, is that what I need to get me what I want? I don't want to purchase the CO package and have just as harsh a ride as before or the SG package and longing to hook up and hang with some of the big boys.

So, Street Grip, full coilover, or Coilover Front with composite single leaf rear, or what? I would like to hear from someone who really has driven and rode on these suspensions. Old schoolers like the SG, new schoolers like the CO, and some say it was garbage and they sold their car because of it. The people that I've met with these suspensions were not offering rides, if you know what I mean.

I just bought my T56mag that will mate it to my 500hp 383 that will one day be an LS.

Country Flag: United States
      If the money and the work to install aren't a problem, there is no reason to not go coil over.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

I have the single adjustable Ride Tech coilovers on my nova with TCI 4 link and PT front clip. The ride is very tunable from soft to firm. The spring weights play a big roll in the ride quality.

I don’t have the ridetech coil over setup but I do run a 4 link in two cars and I’d personally never go back. You can tune the ride to meet your needs and if you’re wanting a “one and done” suspension, then that’s probably the direction you need to go. Besides, if that’s what you’ve got your heart set on and budget allows, then just do it...if you don’t, you ultimately won’t be happy anyway no matter how practical the other option might be...
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

If one and done is really the goal, coilovers are your answer. You can tune them to be whatever you want them to be on the street...and then just as easily tune them to be whatever you want them to be on the track, usually just by twisting a few knobs.

I have had TQ triples on my car for almost 7 years now and I still love them. They were one of the first changes I made to my suspension and they have remained steady favorites through ALL of the rest of the changes I've made chasing faster times.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com