Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by gto406 View Post
      Yes I think you are correct. I am running a BMR x-member for the 700-R4 - do you guys have a tubular upper/lower setup (with good ball joints) I could replace the Chinese carpola arms with?

I have the comp-eng drag shocks and have not swapped out to an alternative shock setup. Coils are ridetech.
      Yes, our Arms have Geometry updates, Stock Height Spring Pockets, Pro-Forged Ball Joints

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      Yes, our Arms have Geometry updates, Stock Height Spring Pockets, Pro-Forged Ball Joints
      I notice your upper A-arms have Delrin but not clear the lowers do. Are they poly for stiffness or otherwise?

Thank you-in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by mean buzzen half dozen View Post
      You can usually cut the the headers a bit to tuck them up close to the floor board.
      Usually they hang down too low, and there is usually room to move them up.
      Another great suggestion! Thank you - lots to do over the winter on this beast!

I notice your upper A-arms have Delrin but not clear the lowers do. Are they poly for stiffness or otherwise?

Thank you-in advance!
      on our Poly Bushings we use a 95 Durameter Bushing which is Hard but doesn't transmit NVH

why not just fix what hits? change out the long tubes for a mid or short, tuck the exhaust up more... these cars were never designed to sit low and REALLY not built to sit with the front lower then the back.. we drop them and rake the and complain, if we crack out the factory assembly manual and start looking at numbers is easy to see

here UPC 0, A11 shows what to measure... the J and K locations as shown

Name:  20201125_100601.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  157.5 KB

and the we look at the J and K factory measurements and the front always sits higher then the rear from factory

Name:  20201125_100641 - Copy.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  122.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      why not just fix what hits? change out the long tubes for a mid or short, tuck the exhaust up more... these cars were never designed to sit low and REALLY not built to sit with the front lower then the back.. we drop them and rake the and complain, if we crack out the factory assembly manual and start looking at numbers is easy to see

here UPC 0, A11 shows what to measure... the J and K locations as shown

Name:  20201125_100601.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  157.5 KB

and the we look at the J and K factory measurements and the front always sits higher then the rear from factory

Name:  20201125_100641 - Copy.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  122.6 KB
      Thanks Rod, I shall perform those measurements.

To be honest, I have never liked the way the ass end of f-bodies sit lower in the rear. Also not a fan on them being lower at the front. I am seeking a reasonable / safe and level ride height front to back.

Car just came back (fall this year) from paint/finishing - as noted. I have only driven it 4 times, and mostly short hops. As noted I need to go through it, establish what I do and don’t like - and make adjustments.

Right now I have learned (from ~2hrs total drive time) the car rides stiff. It was a race car (returned to stock) and still has Cal-Tracs installed and comp-eng drag shocks x 4 corners. Car shudders over bumps / even with sound deadening and carpeted interior. Further, will need to look into getting all items protruding below the frame tucked up.

We did swap out the ball joints on the crappy e-Bay tubular ctrl-arms w/ridetech units. One reason I may hold off changing them for now.

More updates once I get back on it!

Happy thanksgiving to fellow PT’ers!

Thanks Rod, I shall perform those measurements.

To be honest, I have never liked the way the ass end of f-bodies sit lower in the rear. Also not a fan on them being lower at the front. I am seeking a reasonable / safe and level ride height front to back.

Car just came back (fall this year) from paint/finishing - as noted. I have only driven it 4 times, and mostly short hops. As noted I need to go through it, establish what I do and don’t like - and make adjustments.

Right now I have learned (from ~2hrs total drive time) the car rides stiff. It was a race car (returned to stock) and still has Cal-Tracs installed and comp-eng drag shocks x 4 corners. Car shudders over bumps / even with sound deadening and carpeted interior. Further, will need to look into getting all items protruding below the frame tucked up.

We did swap out the ball joints on the crappy e-Bay tubular ctrl-arms w/ridetech units. One reason I may hold off changing them for now.

More updates once I get back on it!

Happy thanksgiving to fellow PT’ers!
      I don't like butt draggers either, sorry if it came across rough, didn't mean it that way. I do see it all the time here at the shop we all lower our cars now and most of the cars still have long tube headers from the drag era that hang down, sorry my point was we all have drag race parts and the cars don't sit in that drag stance, so that gear doesn't fit into the new operation of the car

take the front and rear shocks off, and just drive the car around the block to see it it smooths out if it does then its just in need of a good shock

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Name:  126385863_404957740643042_7161236459437811819_n.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  22.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      I don't like butt draggers either, sorry if it came across rough, didn't mean it that way. I do see it all the time here at the shop we all lower our cars now and most of the cars still have long tube headers from the drag era that hang down, sorry my point was we all have drag race parts and the cars don't sit in that drag stance, so that gear doesn't fit into the new operation of the car

take the front and rear shocks off, and just drive the car around the block to see it it smooths out if it does then its just in need of a good shock

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Name:  126385863_404957740643042_7161236459437811819_n.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  22.4 KB
      Hello Rod!

Absolutely a-ok!! I appreciate the feedback and the discussion.

I am going to work on the car tomorrow - and hope to have more to report back 🤙

Enjoy your holiday!
      BR/Brian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com