Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Lugcentric with 15mm wheel spacers

I have moser axles for a DSE quadralink. The hub that goes in to the disc brake hat doesn't stick out to locate the wheel at all. This means my wheels are going to be lugcentric. Forgeline doesn't express any concern with it. Moser doesn't either. I was only able to find one thread off this forum from the past from someone in the same boat, and it looks like they just went with the lugcentric design.

My only difference is that I will be using 15mm thick wheel spacers. These will be in an 800hp at the crank build with a T56 magnum and 3:70 eaton tru-trac. The wheels are 19x12s. THe moser axles have the 1/2-20 studs. I am asking about two variables in this thread: 15mm wheel spacers with lugcentric wheel location. I hate to use wheel spacers, but I figured my backspacing before deciding to go a little wider. I know they're not good practice, but even without spacers the axles are designed to be lugcentric. Forgeline says their hubs are .003" oversized from standard, so I'm not sure getting a hubcentric spacer does much. I had considered boring out the brake hat hub to fit a sleeve around the short moser axle locator stub and having a custom 15mm spacer made that had one side as a male extrusion to locate the wheel. The other side of the spacer would have a female bore to accept the sleeve that was located on axle locator stub. Any thoughts from people with experience with lugentric wheels and spacers?

I think you are way overthinking this...

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I think you are way overthinking this...

Don

Thanks man. That's what I was hoping. I've done some calculations and with the clamping forces- so long as the lugs aren't loose- the studs shouldn't even see lateral load. I have found two engineering sites that support the calculations. I guess having done calculations on it shows I'm overthinking it!! Thanks again. Have a happy 4th of July.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com