Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2013 Camaro LS3 into a 66 GM A Body (buick skylark) accessory drive options?

Im putting a ls3 out of a 13 camaro into a 66 Buick Skylark (A Body close to Chevelle). The stock alternator bracket puts the alternator where the steering box lives. In looking at aftermarket accessory bracket options, a few issues pop up. First I would like to keep the LS3 water pump, the power steering pump and alternator. The water pump seems to eliminate the majority of the brackets available. I only find ICT listing LS3 water pump options. Most brackets list LS1 power steering pumps only too. I cant find any ICT billet catalog or website. Where I can find descriptions of the ICT kits, they are vague on the actual location of the accessories.
      Does any one have any experience on this combination?
      Any good pictures of a LS3 using its water pump, and accessories on it with a high mount alternator bracket?
      Help!!!

71 maverick.
      71 comet in build process.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

They have a website... They are pretty responsive on the phone last time I called.

https://www.ictbillet.com/?fbclid=Iw...hIm27fcIFDOcRg
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Also, LS3 accessory setups use the truck spacing which is need to know for the brackets. The accessory belt on the balancer is spaced out the same distance as the LS truck.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Thank you! Very helpful!
      71 maverick.
      i work at Current Auto Performance www.currentautoperformance.com. i also build the differentials for San Diego Gear and Axle.

Holley has a nice set up. They offer high mid and low mounts. The water pump is the mount bracket. Starts at around 1500.00.

So, I am swapping an LS3 from a 2012 Camaro SS into a '66 Chevelle. I also wanted to keep all of the stock accessories and had the same problem with the alternator. I am using the Holley forward-biased mounts and 302-2 oil pan. The work-around for steering clearance came to me unexpectedly, my buddy is in the process of putting a Roadster Shop chasis under his '66 Chevelle and I have been inheriting a few of the parts he will not be re-using, most notably a very lightly-used Unisteer R&P setup. The Unisteer fit perfectly and clears everything. I will be building power steering lines for it this week and so far, everything is looking good. The car is not running yet so I have no final results to report. For me, the positives on this swap are I get to keep my stock accessories and have a more modern steering system, for WAY less than buying a $2k FEAD. Even if buying the Unisteer new there is cost savings by going that route.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket66 View Post
      So, I am swapping an LS3 from a 2012 Camaro SS into a '66 Chevelle. I also wanted to keep all of the stock accessories and had the same problem with the alternator. I am using the Holley forward-biased mounts and 302-2 oil pan. The work-around for steering clearance came to me unexpectedly, my buddy is in the process of putting a Roadster Shop chasis under his '66 Chevelle and I have been inheriting a few of the parts he will not be re-using, most notably a very lightly-used Unisteer R&P setup. The Unisteer fit perfectly and clears everything. I will be building power steering lines for it this week and so far, everything is looking good. The car is not running yet so I have no final results to report. For me, the positives on this swap are I get to keep my stock accessories and have a more modern steering system, for WAY less than buying a $2k FEAD. Even if buying the Unisteer new there is cost savings by going that route.
      Thats great info! Probably should have gone down that path. Ended up getting brackets from LS simple. Was able to use the camaro alternator but had to go with a truck power steering pump.

I may still do it.
      71 maverick.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com