Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1967 Chevelle pro touring project for sale

$48k OBO located in Spartanburg, SC. Please call or text me 864-809-4385 thanks, Kyle.

Well, as much as it pains me to type this out, I am offering up for sale my 1967 Chevelle Pro Touring project. First, I'll give a quick history of the car. This was a completed running and driving car in 2016 with a previous owner from Jacksonville, FL. A quarter panel impact sent the car off to the body shop a couple years ago. From my understanding, the project snowballed into basically a complete repaint, panel replacement, all new floors, etc. Aka it snowballed out of control. While the car was at the body shop, the frame was completely redone and turned into a great platform for a true Pro Touring car. I purchased this car in February of this year, fresh out of the body shop, and in boxes. Bad idea. Tons of missing parts, tons of missing work, and to make a long story short this car has been a thorn in my side from the day I brought it home. I purchased the car with the motor and trans installed, the shell barely attached to the frame, all body panels wrapped up with fresh Arctic White paint, and everything else thrown into unorganized boxes. We slowly got the car running and driving, and sent it off to the body shop to have the panels hung and lined up. The car runs and drives, stops, and turns fine.

As our luck would have it, it appears that the brand new fenders, hood, etc were not properly fitted to the car prior to paint. We have decided to have the entire car repainted, and will still do that if we still have the car when the painter calls us in for our appointment. If we get that call, and still have it, we will take the car, spend close to $10k having all the issues fixed, and then finish the car out and list it for sale somewhere in the $85k range. Until then, the car is up for grabs. All parts to finish this car are going with the car. A hot rod shop could have this car finished fairly easily and quickly in my opinion.

After paintwork is redone, the car needs:
      -Interior reinstalled (have it all-leather an suede seats, custom console, suede headliner, leather and suede door panels, and carpet)
      -side glass installed (have it all brand new) and also 1 rear window regulator
      -stereo reinstalled
      -hang all trim (everything new and powdercoated black). No chrome anywhere on this car
      -work out all the "new car bugs" that every new project has.

Here's the list of parts and info on the car itself

Drivetrain
      LSX454 crate motor, stock
      Holley Terminator X-MAX EFI
      85 lb Holley injectors
      RPM Level 5 4L80e
      Lokar Shifter
      Circle D 4000 Stall Converter
      Tanks Inc tank, Walbro 255 pump
      Alum Radiator, external trans cooler
      Remote mount oil filter
      Stainless Dougs Headers, custom tigged Pypes Exhaust

Chassis
      12 bolt, 3.73 posi
      Rear 4-link, ABC minitubs
      Full CPP tubular suspension front and rear
      QA1s
      Baer 6P front, 4P rear
      Power brake booster
      Frame narrowed in rear, frame fully boxed, and powdercoated
      iForge Classic 18x9, 19x12 on a 325 tire. BRAND NEW Powdercoat.
      All new body mounts and bushings

Body
      Brand new paint
      painted bumpers
      ALL trim and brightwork powdercoated denim black and not installed
      Shaved firewall and drip rails, shaved emblems
      Ring Brothers hood hinges, door handles, hood stops, door hinges, and strikers
      New Octane LED headlights, all lighting LED
      Brand new LED tail light housings
      new rubber and weather stripping
      American Autowire Harness

Interior
      Custom black leather and alacantara seatsm headliner, and door panels
      alacantara wrapped side panels, kickpanels (with speakers)
      custom center console with double DIN touch screen. Pioneer speakers front and rear
      Classic Auto Air (wired up and works)
      Dakota Digital VDX Gauges (has Holley BIM interface, those need to be wired up.

below are links to a few videos, and the next post will have pics. I spend a good deal of time being transparent about everything I know about the car. $48,000 OBO and clean title in hand.

Walk-around running
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C8VvR2vnWk

Undercarriage
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnk7SR51FQU

walk around showing body flaws
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7vwGALWgZQ

walk around showing engine bay and interior, cold start
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AkkQ9pn5sc

A few picsName:  20200620_143522.jpeg
Views: 2122
Size:  155.8 KBName:  91381.jpeg
Views: 1988
Size:  78.5 KBName:  FB_IMG_1586999630408.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  153.7 KBName:  20200408_183958.jpeg
Views: 1988
Size:  145.9 KBName:  20200329_135623.jpeg
Views: 1985
Size:  103.8 KBName:  20200510_191805.jpeg
Views: 1977
Size:  101.5 KBName:  FB_IMG_1586999652363.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  161.0 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      Nice car and great price.

Kyle, you should have sold me this too when I bought the vette. Would have saved me some time on the chevelle and headache I am working on now. I can vouch for Kyle, he is a good seller.

Thanks buddy. At that time we had every intention of having this car finished and running hard by now. Setback after setback, we are just burnt out.

Hope the 74 is shaping up nicely!

Sold. Thanks everyone

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com