Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Stupid Question, Upper A arm bolts on 69 camaro

The previous owner cut the upper mounting bolts very short on my car. I went to get it aligned, and there was not enough length to get to the desired setting, so I need to replace them. Is there an easy way to do this, that is safe? It looks like its only one on each side that was cut. I am thinking header installation was the driver for this, but who knows.

Not sure about a jack under the lower after breaking the top joint? Seems sketchy, but I hate to pull the whole thing apart after just getting it all put together...any ideas?

This may be a stupid answer but here it goes... I'm assuming it is the passenger side rear bolt, couldn't you just leave the front control arm bolt tight and remove the rear? The only problems I can see would be how to knock the bolt out of the frame with the engine in the way ( don't forget the bolt is serrated and pressed into frame) and two would be getting the correct bolt back in the hole with the upper control arm extended down. May be worth a try just make sure you get the new bolt serrations aligned into the old serration holes in the frame if not it will distort the frame hole and the bolt will likely spin in the frame when tightened. Just a thought.

BB

Pull the shocks and compress the coil springs enough to unload the control arms.

What JustJohn says but still do only one at a time.

The correct bolts also have a knurl under the head so that they do not turn when the nut is tightened.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      What JustJohn says but still do only one at a time.

The correct bolts also have a knurl under the head so that they do not turn when the nut is tightened.
      I have had great luck w/Camaro (also Firebird) Central - all the h/w available there -
      https://www.camarocentral.com/1967_1..._p/sus-775.htm (scroll 1/2 way down the page).

BR/Brian.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com