Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

My dream car build - 1971 Camaro

First time poster...new to this site,,
      Hey guys, building my 1971 Camaro and getting ready to order wheels, I have DSE mini tubs in the rear and widened front inner fenders (last pic), I was thinking 18x12 rears 5.5” backspace 335/30’s and 18x11 front 6.5” backspace, (stock sub frame with global west tubular control arms and kore3 spindles + hubs). Does anyone have experience running 18x11’s in the front and what the backspace and tire size should be.
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Country Flag: United States
      18 x 11 on the front you will want 7.25 backspacing, (total to the back of the rim), with that you can run a 315 wide, RE-71
      with 18 x 12, you need 8 inches of backspacing and you can get a 335 tire on the car, that is my experience with a Speedtech subframe ,, I just measured all this last week and confirmed with Speedtech rep's.
      Tom

Country Flag: United States
      For the record, I do not build cars for a living, so I measure a lot. I would buy or rent a wheel tool and measure with an actual tire lock to lock with the car at ride height. I am doing just that right now with my '70 Camaro and it has shown me what will fit and what will not. I have a stock sub-frame with tubular arms.
      18X11 with a stock sub-frame is going to have some fitment issues. The mock up will allow you to decide what you can live with and what you can't.

1970RS Camaro
      Lateral Dynamics, Wilwood, BOZE, Strange Engineering, Alston, Ride Tech, Gen II, FAST.
      Dave Cozzi

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com