Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Flaming river

Country Flag: United States

Flaming river

I am up to the point that I am ready to finalize a rack and pinion for my build. So I called flaming river with some questions about their rack and pinions. to say I was less than pleased would be a under statement. They make claims in their catalog abut having a 12:1 ratio rack and pinion. but when you question them what is their max gain per pinion revolution they then claim 2.27" gain per rev. I don't know how you can claim a ratio if you don't know the steering arm length. Then I start asking for a drawing of the rack so I an design a correct position for bump steer. They will not provide any drawings of their products. I guess you are supposed to buy their over priced stuff and pray it will work.
      So be aware of shysters and their false claims and their customer complete NO SERVICE. If their customer service is this poor now wait to you have a issue . I will NEVER buy or recommend any of their products!!!!!!!!!!!

Use these people at your own risk you have been warned !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!

Country Flag: United States
      I've had problems as well with them in the past. Sloppy, low-quality steering columns that are crap. It was garbage.

http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com