Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Trying to find fathers old 1969 Chevelle

I know it’s a long shot but I’m trying to track down my dads old 1969 Chevelle. It was an SS 396/325hp, TH400, white interior, console shift. He sold it in 1979 I believe. The pictures are from North Star Drag Strip in MN. The DMV records only go back 7 years in MN. Any help finding it would be appreciated. Will give small finders fee if located. License plate is BCP 144 ThanksName:  A702FC9E-A1E5-4F8C-9D29-7A1D9C0DFFF0.jpeg
Views: 388
Size:  465.9 KBName:  6120550E-39E7-4EA4-A3EF-1DFF467CD3B9.jpeg
Views: 379
Size:  354.9 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Does he have the VIN number? That would be more helpful to track down the car.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Just hire a private detective that specializes in autos, give him the VIN and what you know. Then wait a few months. I've done this myself. Just depend how serious you are I guess.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

We do not have the VIN unfortunately.

You might try contacting the insurance company that initially insured the car to get the vin.

I would do a ****** search after you get the vin number. They can usually find it for you. I tried to find a truck I once had to give to my son. I found it.... Two weeks after I traded it in on a new one the guy that bought it totaled it. I'm in Arkansas, what was left of the truck was in a salvage yard in Kentucky.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      I would do a ****** search after you get the vin number. They can usually find it for you. I tried to find a truck I once had to give to my son. I found it.... Two weeks after I traded it in on a new one the guy that bought it totaled it. I'm in Arkansas, what was left of the truck was in a salvage yard in Kentucky.
      Thanks for the advice. I do not have the VIN and I am at a loss as to how to find it. I would pay someone a reasonable amount to find it though.

Any luck on this? You inspired me to do the same and try to find my first car, but unfortunately my insurance company only keeps records 15 years back, and there is no archive. I even called my old home town and asked if they could access any of my old speeding tickets, of which there were plenty, and they said they only kept records of name and offense, not vehicle driven.

Just for grins, mine was a 1972 Buick Skylark, bucket seats, auto trans with the center console, and the only really notable thing is the outer band of the tail lenses were painted black. Light came through, but when not lit they were black. Would have been in the Fort Smith AR area in the late 80s/early 90s.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com