Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

It was about time...

Hey all, My name is Tim and I’m new to the board. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked stuff up on here and just never joined. I’ve always enjoyed the driving and the handling aspect of cars rather than worrying about rock chips. I did some autocross in my younger years with my old 88’ Foxbody. I’ve been a huge follower of Mark Steilow and his Camaro’s.

I grew up with mini trucks (S10’s) as a kid because that’s what I could afford. So why should my kid be any different right?! My daughter is 14 and we needed a project for her. We found a one owner 2001 ZQ8 recently from a guy who bought it new when he retired 19 years ago. It’s needs some TLC but all in all decent shape...and the project has begun. It will be a light build compared to most here. She is learning how to drive in it now. We are looking to upgrade the suspension and make it handle with maybe more power as time and money allow. We both enjoy autocross...maybe some open track time at some point. The stock 4.3 will be plenty for now for her.

She has been so excited since day one. Secretly I’m excited too. Just trying to keep the next generation in the game. Glad to be here. Thanks.

Name:  IMG_7392.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  714.4 KBName:  IMG_7322.JPG
Views: 267
Size:  731.6 KB

Love to see the next gen get involved, it seems to be the exception, rather than the rule these days. Have a blast and keep us updated!

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! Nice truck for your daughter too. We all love pictures here so keep is informed..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by shelteredchevelle View Post
      Love to see the next gen get involved, it seems to be the exception, rather than the rule these days. Have a blast and keep us updated!
      Involvement is key. Updates to come for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      Welcome! Nice truck for your daughter too. We all love pictures here so keep is informed..
      Pics are key. Thanks.

Hello Tim and welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome and excellent. Keep her involved. Let her help. She'll never forget it. My daughter is 30 and grew up with me drooling over Stielow's Camaros. Now that she's making money, she is trying to figure how to build her own.
      Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by jimco84x View Post
      Welcome and excellent. Keep her involved. Let her help. She'll never forget it. My daughter is 30 and grew up with me drooling over Stielow's Camaros. Now that she's making money, she is trying to figure how to build her own.
      That’s awesome stuff right there.

Welcome, that's great! Anything to spend some time with your kids is worth it! One of my best friends had that same truck back in the day when it came out and it was pretty quick!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Welcome, that's great! Anything to spend some time with your kids is worth it! One of my best friends had that same truck back in the day when it came out and it was pretty quick!
      Time well spent so far for sure! Quick enough for her for sure. Name:  11E91347-A3F5-4F2E-AB4F-31484231F5DB.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  375.2 KB

Hi! Nice truck! Good luck

That is such a great family activity! I wish my dad and I had that together. That is a sweet ride you have there!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com