Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Code P1682 on LS7 in 69 Camaro

Has thrown this code a couple of times when trying to crank and will not. Put charger on battery and it fires up. I figured the yellow top getting weak. Well yesterday while driving on interstate it lost throttle control and I had to pull to the side. Engine light was on and so I killed it and cranked it back up and all went well. Checked code when I got home and P1682 was the code. This is all in 69 Camaro so a lot of the google searches are irrelevant to it. Any clues where I start at to fix this issue? Pretty scary when lose throttle on interstate. Thanks
      1968 Camaro w/ Jon Henson-DB Rods built 6.0 with Whipple SuperCharger at 10lbs making 630hp on gas and 740 on E85, T56 Mag 6 speed with triple disc monster clutch, RideTech suspension, mini tubbed and 4 linked with ford 9". Fiske 18" wheels with Toyo R888R tires. Wilwood all corners, AC.

My guess is the ignition switch has an internal intermittent connection on the "IGN" terminal. Try probing the pink wire coming from the ignition switch with the car key in the ON position and see if the voltage jumps around while you wiggle the key around.

I read up on code fixes to where ignition switch could be problem but wasn't sure that was the case for the older cars. Lots of folks mentioned grounds also. Was thinking since it will fire up when I place the charger on boost and crank it that it may be one of my grounds corroded or something. Cause it spins over fine but won't fire up till i put charger on it. I will check out the switch too.

1968 Camaro w/ Jon Henson-DB Rods built 6.0 with Whipple SuperCharger at 10lbs making 630hp on gas and 740 on E85, T56 Mag 6 speed with triple disc monster clutch, RideTech suspension, mini tubbed and 4 linked with ford 9". Fiske 18" wheels with Toyo R888R tires. Wilwood all corners, AC.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com