Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Finland

Ls3 lost oil pressure

My engine lost oil pressure for about 20 seconds, i was just leaving from Red light and lightly accelerated and weird noise came from engine and i looked at pressure gauge and it showed zero oil pressure.

I turned it Off immediatly and drove In the Side of the road. I checked oil and there was normal amount engine oil. I let it sat there for 5min and started and oil pressure came back and no More weird noise.

What the hell happend and is it safe To drive it?

I drove about 40km drive after that and it seems To work ok.

Country Flag: United States
      What kind of noise? Last oil change? How many miles, etc?

Weird noise from the engine...no oil pressure and now all good? That's not typical....An engine will actually run for a small bit without oil even in it....it wont make a noise, unless its just louder operation? Damage that would be caused by no lubrication is permanent. Im curious too if this is a new engine or has some time under its belt.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Country Flag: Finland
      Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Weird noise from the engine...no oil pressure and now all good? That's not typical....An engine will actually run for a small bit without oil even in it....it wont make a noise, unless its just louder operation? Damage that would be caused by no lubrication is permanent. Im curious too if this is a new engine or has some time under its belt.

noise was kind of hissing kind of noise and went away after the oil pressure build back. Engine has about 30 000 mails on it. I checked oil etc and there are no marks of bearing damage. I bought new oil pump and timing chaing etc and swap those. Gonna report back what happens after i have driven few hundreds mails with it.

My luck that i drove it so little after the oil pump got stuck. These oil pumps are pain when it gomes to the sticking piston in these. I bought the melling pump and i think its little better then the oem version

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by another69 View Post
      What kind of noise? Last oil change? How many miles, etc?
      sounded like metallic hissing kind of noise. Turned engine down right after that. Noise went away after the oilpump started working again. about 4000mails on those oils. Engine has 30 000 mails on it

Did you drain the oil yet to see if it has any metal in it? Could also cut open the filter.

Is this an actual LS3, or an L92?

Lastly, what kind of oil gauge are you using?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com