Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Fitting for two temp sensors

I am looking for a fitting that will accept two 3/8 NPT temp sensors. One sensor is for Fitech and the other is for my Speedhut temp gauge. The one I currently have is a brass block that has to two sensors 90 degrees to each other. The problem is that the the fitting is not deep enough and one is breaking the end of the other.

You might be able to try a thermostat spacer. Many of them come with 3/8 npt ports.
      Zach

1970 Mach 1 build - Half-Breed (pro-touring.com)

Country Flag: United States
      You don't say what you're installing it on, but Chevy engines have multiple places to install temp senders. I imagine other makes do as well. If you can't find the fitting you want, this might be an option. If you decide to move one, move the gauge sender. The one the computer reads needs to be in the correct place.

There are two places you can mount sensors .The cylinder head and the intake manifold And or wire it so it comes off one sensor .Pictures would help of help you.

Thank you for the replies. This is for a ford small block, passenger side. I think I solved the problem by using a 90 degree elbow which allows just enough depth for the temp probe.

IMHO To get an accurate reading the sending unit end needs to be in the coolant flow.
      Billy

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com