Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

GM A Body - Body / Interior Retailer Suggestions

Looking to dive back into my '67 Chevelle after it sitting at my parents' house for 15+ years. My dad and I built this car while I was in high school out of 2. As a high school kid - funds weren't unlimited so we made the best with the options we had, picking the best trim pieces, bumpers, etc. from the 2 cars we were working with.

For the new things, we almost bought from OPGI exclusively.

It looks like there are a ton more options today. I understand many of these were around in the late 90s, just weren't on our radar. With that - any suggestions on where to look / buy as I'm going to have to re-do much of the interior and exterior trim pieces. As I see it, the major options are:
      - OPGI
      - Eckler's
      - Year One
      - Ground Up / SS395
      - Classic Muscle

Pros and cons of these? Any others I should be thinking of?
      It will be a driver, so my goal is a balance of quality, durability, and cost.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danstorm801 View Post
      Looking to dive back into my '67 Chevelle after it sitting at my parents' house for 15+ years. My dad and I built this car while I was in high school out of 2. As a high school kid - funds weren't unlimited so we made the best with the options we had, picking the best trim pieces, bumpers, etc. from the 2 cars we were working with.

For the new things, we almost bought from OPGI exclusively.

It looks like there are a ton more options today. I understand many of these were around in the late 90s, just weren't on our radar. With that - any suggestions on where to look / buy as I'm going to have to re-do much of the interior and exterior trim pieces. As I see it, the major options are:
      - OPGI
      - Eckler's
      - Year One
      - Ground Up / SS395
      - Classic Muscle

Pros and cons of these? Any others I should be thinking of?
      It will be a driver, so my goal is a balance of quality, durability, and cost.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Dan

Are you looking to keep it mostly original? If so then the companies you listed are a good place to start, I would also check Summit as they often sell OPGI's stuff at a better price and free shipping. If you are looking for a little more modern then check with TMI.

Probably a combination of original and modern. Thanks for the heads up on TMI and also Summit pricing.

Country Flag: United States
      No idea as to the quality, but if I can't sell my 70 Chevelle and wind up redoing it, these guys look good for a modern suspension.
      I've not dealt with them before so no idea how good they are, they came up while looking for suspension stuff for my current project.

Also looking at these guys for a fuel injection fuel tank. If I wind up doing it it'll be a resto-mod, but I'll be saving all the original parts in case a future owner wants to go all stock and none of my mods I do will be anything that can't be easily undone.

Haven't even thought about an engine, but an LSX454 with a throttle body injection system would look most stock, and allow me to use the air cleaner that comes on it. Or, have an LS-based 396 built just to keep the signs accurate. Course, I'd probably go with something that allows a 6+ speed auto trans to get both low end acceleration and decent cruising mileage.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com