Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Japan

ridetech CoilOver System

I installed a CoilOver System on the 1969 Mustang. Do you have a matching minitub?Name:  IMG_0750.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  107.1 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Detroit Speed has minitubs for that car.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Detroit Speed has minitubs for that car.

Don
      There was an explanation that the Minitro of Detroit Speed ​​cuts the frame. ridetech's coil over mount is attached to the frame.
      thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
      There was an explanation that the Minitro of Detroit Speed ​​cuts the frame. ridetech's coil over mount is attached to the frame.
      thank you
      the mini tub kit only removes part of the frame rail... the outer part the ridetech cradle mount to the inner... you only have to cut a little part of the ridetech cradle

here is a picture of the narrowed frame rail and the ridetech cradle as you see only a little trim work need to happen...... p.s. don't forget well the tubs and members her get a 10% discount

Name:  image_1130.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  210.6 KB

Another option is to use the Detroit Speed kit, but not do the full mini-tub. What I mean is to cut out the sheet metal only to the factory frame rail. But if you do this, maybe it would be cheaper to buy a factory reproduction wheel tub, cut the factory tub out, leaving a 1"-1.5" lip (the distance really should from the factory inner wheel tub to frame rail) for the reproduction wheel tub to butt-weld to. The downside, you can't fit as big a tire if you did the full mini-tub.
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension
      Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      the mini tub kit only removes part of the frame rail... the outer part the ridetech cradle mount to the inner... you only have to cut a little part of the ridetech cradle

here is a picture of the narrowed frame rail and the ridetech cradle as you see only a little trim work need to happen...... p.s. don't forget well the tubs and members her get a 10% discount

Name:  image_1130.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  210.6 KB
      That frame rail in the picture looks bent about 3” before Ridetech upper link bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by classiccarcustoms View Post
      That frame rail in the picture looks bent about 3” before ridetech upper link bracket.
      Thank you very much. But I don't want to cut the frame.

If you want to widen the tub just to meet the rail you are still going to have to also relocate the lower link bars. Since the bar attached to where the leaf spring went on the outer side of the frame rail.
      Joshua O

I have the Ride Tech coil over system on my car a 1970 mach 1 and I made my own mini tub. I made the tub square and went to the frame rail but did not cut it. I did this as it was the max I could go and still keep the rear seat without having to modify it. My wheel wells can handle 315-325 tires with ease but the lower 4 link bars on the ride tech system are the limiter. I have 305's on the car now and should be able to go to a 315 wide tire but the suspension is the limiting factor.

Quote Originally Posted by builttodrive View Post
      I have the Ride Tech coil over system on my car a 1970 mach 1 and I made my own mini tub. I made the tub square and went to the frame rail but did not cut it. I did this as it was the max I could go and still keep the rear seat without having to modify it. My wheel wells can handle 315-325 tires with ease but the lower 4 link bars on the ride tech system are the limiter. I have 305's on the car now and should be able to go to a 315 wide tire but the suspension is the limiting factor.
      Is it possible to send me the attached photo? I'm thinking of buying a Detroit Speedo minitab.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com