Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Coach 1 wiring kit

What's up with the Coach 1 wiring kit? They have been around for years now but I can't seem to find and new (or hardly any period) posts about it. I searched this Forum a long with Google and there is very little feedback I can find.

Has anybody had any first hand experience with them?

They have the features I am looking for and seem a lot more affordable then the Racepak or Infinity box system.

thx,
      Jason

https://coachcontrols.com/index.php?...roducts_id=123
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

I've thought the same thing , everyone seems to be on the Ron Francis, American autowire ,infinity, etc etc
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      I've thought the same thing , everyone seems to be on the Ron Francis, American autowire ,infinity, etc etc
      Well most people are cheap so Idk if that has something to do with it. I looked at the AAW kit but by the time you start buying modules for delayed accessories and auto headlights etc (I looked at Dakota Dig) it costs the same and you have modules all over the place.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

Jason

I purchased an AAW kit for my Chevelle. Between lack of time and knowledge, I hired a guy to install it for me. He agreed that the AAW kit is nice, but he really preferred to use the Coach Controls kits. He is actually listed on their website as an approved installer, and was also featured in Hot Rod Magazine as well. He insists that it’s the best kit out there. I’m seriously considering Coach Controls for my current project. However, the one thing that was pointed out to me, if I recall it was on this forum so maybe a search would pull it up, is that all of the relays, etc. are on a board. So potentially a relay or diode failure or what ever goes wrong would require a new panel, as opposed to a quick replacement. For a weekend only car, probably not big deal, assuming a replacement is available. With the AAW kits or similiar, theres not as much that can go wrong.

Country Flag: United States
      I wouldn't put it into the same class as Racepak and Infinity box. Those systems have more functions are more customizable and allow for expand ability whereas this system is more like a standard fuse block with some nice upgrade options for power windows and auto headlights. So it's more comparable to AAW and Painless Wiring systems. I wish they had more info on their website as I would like to know the current rating for each circuit and more info on how it's connected.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 drop top View Post
      However, the one thing that was pointed out to me, if I recall it was on this forum so maybe a search would pull it up, is that all of the relays, etc. are on a board. So potentially a relay or diode failure or what ever goes wrong would require a new panel, as opposed to a quick replacement. For a weekend only car, probably not big deal, assuming a replacement is available. With the AAW kits or similiar, theres not as much that can go wrong.
      It is definitely a concern. Leash Electronics has board mounted relays as well and they claim it eliminates relay failures.

https://leashelectronics.com/product...p-wiring-board
      See my build

Jason

I like some of the nifty features that are built into the Coach 1 box. Building your own is also an option, using something like this:

https://www.waytekwire.com/datasheet/LiveWire_46055.pdf

Or similar Eaton boxes.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I like some of the nifty features that are built into the Coach 1 box. Building your own is also an option, using something like this:

Or similar Eaton boxes.

Andrew
      I have seen those boxes. Wiring is no problem but I have too many things to do already besides learn a new system.
      See my build

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post

Or similar Eaton boxes.

Andrew
      I like these due to them being sealed and having lots of power options, but they are not for the feint of heart for a wiring project. Plus, other suitable bulkhead connections (firewall, etc.) would need to be used. That means lots of up-front planning during fabrication.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      I like these due to them being sealed and having lots of power options, but they are not for the feint of heart for a wiring project. Plus, other suitable bulkhead connections (firewall, etc.) would need to be used. That means lots of up-front planning during fabrication.
      For sure! Does the Coach 1 have a bulkhead connector?
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Not that I can tell.

There's a heck of a lot of relays in some of these kits.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com