Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Tulsa suspension builder needed

I've got a guy who is supposed to be one of the best builders around, but I can't seem to get the guy to give me a quote, or a time when he can start my project. Not going to mention who. But, if I can't get a firm quote and start date by the end of the month I'm looking elsewhere. So, in preparation for that, can anyone recommend a good builder in the Tulsa area? I need someone who has the ability to build an actual custom suspension, not someone who just bolts on kits because there aren't any kits for what I want to do.

Dagnabbit, he just bailed on me, said he's getting out of the customer business and is going to concentrate on his own projects. Now I have to start over.

What is it you are trying to do? That might help identify someone.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

2003 Dodge Dakota ext cab, I want to remove the rear leaf spring suspension and replace with an offset 3 link with either a Watts or Panhard, install a Ford 8.8, and convert the oddball 6 lug wheel pattern to a 5 lug wheel pattern with decent brakes all the way around. I need something that will handle well while being fed around 700HP, possibly more. This is going to require the services of a fabricator, because there are no bolt-on kits for this that I've been able to find.

I responded in your other thread but No Limit Engineering has some nice universal setups including an IRS. Not exactly what you wanted but maybe worth consideration due to less fabrication needed. You should give Rob a call.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I responded in your other thread but No Limit Engineering has some nice universal setups including an IRS. Not exactly what you wanted but maybe worth consideration due to less fabrication needed. You should give Rob a call.

Don
      Thanks. I have them bookmarked and will keep them in mind, but my preference would be to locate a builder local to me. I'd rather discuss it with the guy who has to install the parts before anything is bought than to show up with a box of stuff that may or may not work, and ask him to install it. I'd rather do the install work myself, of course, but I don't have the skills or tools to properly weld parts or set up a suspension. If I were going to make a living at it I'd invest, but this is the only time I ever expect to do a fully custom suspension.

I’m guessing Mike at Musclerodz could install the No Limit setup for you. Give him a call.

Don
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I’m guessing Mike at Musclerodz could install the No Limit setup for you. Give him a call.

Don
      Cool, a member here and in Oklahoma. Thanks! I dropped him an email due to the time.

No response from Mike at Musclerodz, either email or pm. The last shop I spoke to isn't responding either. Maybe I smell funny or something, but I can't find anyone willing to take on this job. Found a couple more shops to speak to Monday, and will try and call Mike Tuesday. If THAT doesn't work, I guess I need to learn how to weld.

I have my car I'm a shop in Western Arkansas
      Although they are doing sheet metal and paint and body ( not suspension as I did my own) they have many cars and trucks in the shop an are very capable.
      PM me if you want more information or a referral
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

FYI this shop will not give a firm quote total but hourly is reasonable
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Thanks. I sent you a PM with an idea of what I'm looking to get done.

I've also placed a call to Musclerodz. Left a message, pending callback. And, have a few other leads I'm following up on.

Skyview Race cars in Porter or Samaroo Racing Both could do it. Look for them on FB

Thanks. Never heard of the one. I went to the shop and discussed it with Skyview, but they refused to respond to me afterwards. I sent several emails and left several messages after the visit, and nothing. Evidently they didn't want the job. I've found someone who will be doing the job for me, and they have me slotted in for April. I'll post up who is doing the job later, when I do a build thread.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com