Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Vintage air fender hose routing with kick panel speakers

Is it possible to route the vintage air kit through the fender and heater hole and run kick panel speakers? Anyone who has done it could you provide pictures?

I had to use a bulkhead fitting, with a 90 under the hood and then back into the fender.

Country Flag: United States
      It’s not thru the blower motor hole, however, this is how I ran mine. The lines exit behind the VA evap unit which is pain for making lines but keeps the fittings/lines on the firewall side very inconspicuous yet still serviceable. If you were to drill a hole and run the lines thru the kick panel area above the vent/speaker, the lines could be routed thru the blower motor hole but you’d need to use care to be sure the area was properly sealed against leaks.
      Attached Images Attached Images      
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

I did something very similar to Shane with the difference being I used the IIMuch bulkhead fitting. The difference is it requires less fittings than an inline bulkhead, as the hoses go through the fitting. However they are tougher to route behind the firewall without kinking. I am also not sure yet if it will allow me to route behind the fender or if I will have to come straight out into the engine bay. I will be limited by the amount of flex and natural curve the hoses have.

I did not route the hoses through the kick panel because I have Screamin' Performance speaker kick panels which completely seal the kick panel hole.

i routed mine through grommets above the top of the kick panel(screamin performance) and behind fender. dont have pics unfortunately. car was sold
      1968 Camaro - LS1/T56,martz chassis,19x10/18x8 Budniks,245/45/18,295/35/19 {Sold}

71 Firebird - Speedtech Extreme Subframe/Torque Arm, LS3/4L80E, Budniks 19x12/18x10, 325/35/19, 295/35/18

This looks primitive compared to what you all build however I made a plate to cover the original 64 Olds F-85 blower motor hole. Drill the holes in the plate and ran my lines through. I did not route them through the kick panel either.I tucked the lines in between the fender and wheel house.

Attached Images Attached Images        
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com