Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

PRC - Performance Rod and Custom

Hey folks ... Has anyone purchased their cooling system from these folks? They seem extremely helpful with the design etc and I was going to incorporate the intercooler for the LSA into the design just not sure of the specs needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

1968 Camaro LSA protouring

I am buying the Core Support to allow extra cooling etc.... They suggested I use their full frame AC Condenser as well. Do you guys just use the GM pump for the cooler ?

I’m using their radiator With twin Spal fans and shroud in my 68 Camaro with LS3/525 crate motor and couldn’t be happier with it. I originally bought it years ago when the car had a big block in it. When I redid everything for pro touring/LS I had them convert the radiator for use with the LS platform and have had no issues with cooling. Did HRPT last year with traffic and AC running and never got hot as well as multiple autocross sessions without issue. I’m planning on buying their radiator for the 67 Nova project I’m doing now as well.

Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

thank you!

I am more worried about the intercooler design........

Use the varimax or zl1 pump not the pump from the cts-v.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I purchased the entire front core, radiator and condenser and love it. Never had a cooling issue however i did replace the radiator with one that had a P/S cooler integrated into it. so if your looking for a PRC radiator with twin fans let me know, it only has 3 track days on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyV View Post
      I purchased the entire front core, radiator and condenser and love it. Never had a cooling issue however i did replace the radiator with one that had a P/S cooler integrated into it. so if your looking for a PRC radiator with twin fans let me know, it only has 3 track days on it.
      How do you like the one with the PS cooler integrated? I’ve been thinking of making that switch myself...
      Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Quote Originally Posted by Gmachine1911 View Post
      How do you like the one with the PS cooler integrated? I’ve been thinking of making that switch myself...
      Recommend it highly if you're going to track the car occasionally. My first 20 min session within 4 laps i noticed the steering started to go away and the fluid temps were sky high....Also make sure the pump bypass is set right or you're just adding a bunch more heat into it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com