Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Brake pedal ergonomics

Greetings All...My brake pedal and clutch pedal are perfectly aligned. My issue is both are 7" from the floor. The distance from my gas pedal to brake pedal is 6", so I might be whining a bit, but I have to lift my foot 6" in the air to hit my brakes. Never gave it much thought, but I must be getting older and newer cars are almost flush where you can pivot on your heel. Has anybody looked at this, and come up with a fix? I saw some pedal sets, etc., but they look like a ton of work to install. I think everything is set up right, but it is kind of annoying, not to mention a bit slow to brake. Open to flames, comments, whatever...

Thanks, Joe

I had the same issue with my brake pedal. A shop I found was able to shorten the pushrod into the master cylinder (I think) which allowed my pedal to drop almost even with the gas pedal. It should be doable for you too.

I figured that, but won't the clutch pedal look silly sitting at a different height?

You can adjust the clutch pedal height too by a different thickness spacer then re-adjusting the rod.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Here is what GM recommends. Most likely this would be ideal for the average person, not a performance set up, but would be a good starting point.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com