Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hooker Black Heart Exhaust

Has anyone used Hooker / Holley Black Heart exhaust on their build? I'm running An LT4, DSE front and rear suspension....using all Holley mounts, etc.... Looking for input on fitment, etc...
      Used to be known as classiccamaro

Buddy has it, I just saw another car with it as well. Full dse builds both using dse headers though. Fit was amazing. If I was to do it over again I would use it

That's good to hear, as I just bought it, but will be using Holley's headers though.

Just hope it sounds good! I bought the one with the resonators.

I was worried the resonators would limit ground clearance.

They don't appear to be much larger in diameter than the 3" pipe.
      I was torn on getting them, but I was afraid of the dreaded drone at certain speeds and RPM.

So is this a vote for the full hooker blackheart headers back? I've post in the exhaust section and the LSX section. I was wanting to run Kook's either Short or Longs. I see Kook's now has a long tube kit with dirty dingos made just for kook's but no one seems to know if it will work on first gen with Speedtech pro touring front sub.
      So now I'm contemplating Hooker.
      However I've read horrr stories on here about longer than 15 weeks lead tie on .
      Any thoughts with the Speedtech?
      I know Speedtech has the Stainless Works gear and may go that route. Just looking at all the options.
      Thanks Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

And my reason wanting KOOKS is the LS7 flange options for D Port heads
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

I think it's just luck of the draw with Holley and what they have in stock. I ordered the headers and exhaust on a Monday and had them on Friday. I have also been on the other end waiting weeks for parts.

I'm sure you're aware that this whole package was made to fit with a DSE subframe using their setback mounts, complete with a QuadraLink rear and trunk notches. Mark Stielow says it fit great, but I'm a ways off from even trying it.

For you, if your running mid length headers, you would need a small section of pipe made to mate up to the pipes which start the exhaust under the car.

If you go full length headers, you need to be concerned about the width of the collectors and how they would line up with the exhaust from Holley. Also depending on your motor mounts if you would need to add any length to it or shorten it.

Overall I'd think the exhaust would get you very close with minimal fabrication just to mate it to your headers, but at the same time it's not cheap and I would also get some estimates on just having one made front to rear.

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      I think it's just luck of the draw with Holley and what they have in stock. I ordered the headers and exhaust on a Monday and had them on Friday. I have also been on the other end waiting weeks for parts.

I'm sure you're aware that this whole package was made to fit with a DSE subframe using their setback mounts, complete with a QuadraLink rear and trunk notches. Mark Stielow says it fit great, but I'm a ways off from even trying it.

For you, if your running mid length headers, you would need a small section of pipe made to mate up to the pipes which start the exhaust under the car.

If you go full length headers, you need to be concerned about the width of the collectors and how they would line up with the exhaust from Holley. Also depending on your motor mounts if you would need to add any length to it or shorten it.

Overall I'd think the exhaust would get you very close with minimal fabrication just to mate it to your headers, but at the same time it's not cheap and I would also get some estimates on just having one made front to rear.
      I have the full Holley/Hooker Blackheart 3" setup on my Cutlass and it fits like a glove. I'm running the mids and they do make the the extension pipe that you speak of that connects to the exhaust when using the mid length headers.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Thanks for the insight guys. I'm going to o look around for someone close to me with some LS headers fr fitment test. My big deal is the D Port Flange. Speedtech ( stainless works headers) and a couple a spoke with on phone said it's no big deal whether you use round or D Port flanges. Even ultimate told me that. But real engine guys say it is important.
      I'm still searching for answers.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Thanks for the insight guys. I'm going to o look around for someone close to me with some LS headers fr fitment test. My big deal is the D Port Flange. Speedtech ( stainless works headers) and a couple a spoke with on phone said it's no big deal whether you use round or D Port flanges. Even ultimate told me that. But real engine guys say it is important.
      I'm still searching for answers.
      Well I'm pretty sure Mark Stielow used Ultimate Headers on his 427 based builds and made gobs of horsepower....
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Is he running long tubes or the sweep backs?

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      Well I'm pretty sure Mark Stielow used Ultimate Headers on his 427 based builds and made gobs of horsepower....

Dale at Schwartz said ultimates will fit The car setup but we didn't discuss port flanges. I may give him a call about it.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Dale at Schwartz said ultimates will fit The car setup but we didn't discuss port flanges. I may give him a call about it.
      We’ve tested numerous LS7’s and there’s not really a difference with the round port header flange on a D shaped LS7. I wouldn’t even consider that in your decision making process.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks Dale. I'm going to be ordering a T56 Magnum . I'll call you tomorrow about it and a release bearing .
      I'll talk to you then more about ultimates for my LS7
      Thanks
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

For those of you with the blackheart 3” stainless exhaust system with Hooker’s 3” stainless steel mufflers, how do you like the sound. Does it idle quietly? How’s the sound at cursing speed?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com