Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Ls motor( ls6 supercharged) whats it worth?

Hey guys,

So some of you may have followed a post I had some months back on a motor I bought that showed up with a piece missing off of it. I was going to re-weld the piece that broke off of it and put it in my Camaro. I have since sold my house and my Camaro( too good of an offer not to take) and also just sold my house( another offer too good to pass up) So now I have no house, no car and a motor I cannot use. LOL So here are some pictures and a description of the motor as well as some videos of it running in the car I got it from.

Question is, what is it worth in the condition it is in? What would be be worth if I ripped it apart and sold off all of the parts? I don't expect to get 5K for it but what is a fair price to put it on for locally or on here? Appreciate any opinions you can share greatly. Just want to be fair but don't want to be taken advantage of either.

LS Motor (LS6) that is Supercharged! It has EVERYTHING you need to put it into a muscle car and get it running. Computer, wiring, everything. It was running in a 65 C2 Resto Pro mod Corvette. It also has been tuned so no need to tune it unless you want to. This motor is a beast and runs extremely strong. I was told it will make 600HP at the Crank. Here is the good and the bad about it.

Here is what you get:
      Everything from the Supercharger down to the Oil Pan plus all electronics, computer, starter etc..

MagnaCharger Hybrid Roots Supercharger ( These are BIG money to buy ,install and tune)
      Liquid to Air Intercooler
      Centerforce Sprng Clutch and Flywheel.
      SLP Airflow Sensor
      Upgraded Cam( dont know the specs but you can hear the lope in the videos)
      Throttle Body with TPS and Idle Control Valve
      Delphi ECU.
      ALL WIRING ALREADY PINNED OUT and marked so you can RETROFIT in your Muscle car, StreetRod, Pro Mod ETC!
      Fuel Rails
      Upgraded Injectors to handle the power increase (43.5psi-43.2 lb per hour)
      8 Ignition coils
      Belts
      Belt Tensioner
      Idler Pulley
      Harmonic Balancer
      Powers Steering Pump
      Alternator
      Thermostat and Housing
      Waterpump

Now the bad. I had this delivered to me and when it did, a piece of the aluminum broke off near where the starter would connect to. This has ZERO effect on the motors performance at all. I had this evaluated by an experienced automotive welder and he told me it would cost about $500 to re-weld it back on WITH NO WORRIES of strength. . He build a lot of race cars in my area. My plan was to get the work done and put it into my 68 Camaro but I just sold my house and we are now moving into an apartment for the time being so sold the Camaro and now want to sell the motor.

Video Links of it in the Corvette below.

https://youtu.be/k8Y0Ty6oqds

https://youtu.be/WqQ8JAXTsO0

THANKS
      Mark (toofun)Name:  MOTOR 2.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  271.0 KBName:  MOTOR 3.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  252.5 KBName:  MOTOR 4.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  246.5 KBName:  MOTOR.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  248.4 KBName:  MOTOR BROKE.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  194.8 KBName:  MOTOR BROKE2.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  165.8 KBName:  MOTOR BROKE 6.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  248.1 KB

unfortunately what broke off is part of the bell housing mounting alignment pin. This will have to be put back on, and it really needs to be near perfect since it does align the bell housing. GLWS though.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      unfortunately what broke off is part of the bell housing mounting alignment pin. This will have to be put back on, and it really needs to be near perfect since it does align the bell housing. GLWS though.
      X2. Best thing is to transfer all the internals etc to another block imho. Otherwise bellhousing alignment could be a real bear.

Don

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com