Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

First time posting here - 69 Camaro build

Hello All

I joined about 2 years ago, but this is my first post. My project is a 69 Camaro base coupe; build items already completed:

DSE mini tub
      DSE subframe connectors welded in
      6 point roll bar welded in
      Rear axle rebuilt with 3.73 gears and Auburn Gear posi

I purchased the car as a 'barn find' 25 years ago. It had a seized engine and wasn't running, but it was a complete car. Unfortunately, due to 'life' getting in the way, I wasn't able to do much with it until about 2 years ago when I drug it back out and got started on it again. It's just as well because during that time the whole protouring movement got started and if I had finished it back then I would probably be wanting to redo the whole car now. The plan is to build it for autocross but it will probably log most of it's miles on the street. The engine will be some sort of LS, probable an iron block truck motor with the source to still be determined. I plan to mate that to a T56; source also to still be determined.

Currently working on the rear suspension which will be a coilover with torque arm and a PH bar for lateral location. I plan to set the ride height 2 inches below stock. My first question for the group is related to the pinion bump stop clearance, but I should probably post that in the suspension section.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com