Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Remote turbo

Remote turbo

I found this 10 YO thread on Remote muted turbo. Wondering if in the last 10 years any technology advancements have been made in systems like this?
      My research says no ,that moving the turbos fwd and exhaust exiting fwd has been the way everyone is going.
      Curious if anyone has an remote mount turbo projects, threads, vendors I could research.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...nt-turbo/page2

From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Country Flag: United States
      Since nobody's responded in 6 months, and because I like to stir the pot... STS was bought by Holley, so evidently there's merit to it. If I turbo my truck it'll be a rear mount because I don't want the extra weight on the front, nor do I want the heat under the hood. From what I understand, you select the compression and exhaust sides a little differently to account for the change in heat and velocity due to the turbo being further back. If the exhaust is appropriately sized for a rear mount, the difference between turbo lag on a front vs rear mount is supposed to be so small as to be unnoticeable.

When investigating turbos I came across this thread on a turbo board where a poster talked about using a dual volute turbocharger and an exhaust cutout. He kept the cutout closed to force all his exhaust down one volute on the turbo until the RPM reached a set value, then an RPM switch would open the cutout allowing exhaust to flow into both volutes. He said that doing this allowed his turbo to come on about 2000RPM earlier than it did before he did this. If I do turbocharge, I'll probably try and make this work too in order to bring power on sooner. That's assuming I ever do, because my engine is now up in the air since I can't get the engine/transmission combo I wanted to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Since nobody's responded in 6 months,.
      Its actually been 3yrs 6mos
      Lol
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

I think remote turbo systems have evolved, I'm currently looking to do the holley system on my 1st gen camaro, looks like it would be crazy fun, here is a link to the holley kit!!! STS turbo kit

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnister69 View Post
      Its actually been 3yrs 6mos
      Lol
      You mean it's November 2023??! Who won the Restaurant Wars? Please don't let it be Taco Bell!!

It was posted 5/17/2020, not 5/17... heh heh...:

dam ur right on my phone it only says 5-17 figuring 5-2017 my bad and anthony bourdain was brought back to life and he tossed guy fieri into a pizza oven finally
      1969 frost green camaro
      LS3
      Speedtech pro touring front subframe
      ridetech rear 4-link
      moser 12 bolt eaton tru trac 3.73

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com