Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by rickpaw View Post
      Good luck on your move and the new adventure Andrew.
      Thanks Tu, and thank you for your business!

I am also working with Jay on his 71 Camaro tune.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and please don't hesitate to be in touch for your tuning needs.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Andrew,

I'm considering a Mopar project and can't bring myself to swap in a LS so If I decide to build the car I'd go with a 360 stroked to 408. I want to go with some type of fuel injection system. What would you recommend? Not going to be a big cammed motor. Just good heads and lots of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by 79 Camaro View Post
      Andrew,

I'm considering a Mopar project and can't bring myself to swap in a LS so If I decide to build the car I'd go with a 360 stroked to 408. I want to go with some type of fuel injection system. What would you recommend? Not going to be a big cammed motor. Just good heads and lots of torque.
      For a throttle body style injection, that retains the look of a carb, I like the new Holley Terminator X Stealth systems. They use the Terminator X (or X Max) ECUs and have a throttle body that most people will think is a Holley carburetor. I like these better than the Sniper systems because these mount the ECU outside of the engine compartment. I am pretty sure that Holley makes a Sniper distributor for a 360 and I would run that with the Sniper HyperSpark ignition box.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel..._stealth_4150/

I would also strongly consider installing a under hood power distribution center, which can be integrated with the Holley EFI. It will provide power for the ignition system, fuel pump, and cooling fan(s). The Terminator ECU will also support pwm fan control (there are various solutions for this) and I would encourage doing that.

I would combine this with a vaporworx fuel system, using the 5th gen Camaro SS pump, which will have enough flow. With this system you don't need a fancy gas tank, any external regulator, or an inline filter. Carl makes a simple modification to these pump modules that makes them run at a constant 60psi. This system is installed in Ty's Firebird and it works awesome.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 05-24-2020 at 01:40 PM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Andrew thanks for the reply.
      I've done a number of LS swaps over the years using mostly GM components so FI doesn't scare me. I would use all Holley parts so the system is "integrated". When I did a LS swap I purchased the ecm and harness from one company so if there was a problem I had one company to talk to if there was problem.
      I would completely rewire the car so a clean 12 volt source wouldn't be a problem. I hate old crappy old wiring.
      What is the advantage of the pwm fan control? On my LS swaps the ecm turns on the fan (typically a 16" Spal with the biggest radiator I can fit) at 215 degrees on and off at 195 degrees.
      The car I'm considering is a 74 Dart. Had one in high school. I don't know if the tank has a big enough flat spot for the vaporworx fuel pump but in lieu of that I would go with a Tanks Inc tank with a 255 pump and C5 FPR.
      Again I haven't bought the car yet just trying to gather info.
      Thanks again for your reply and info,
      Jim

pwm = Pulse Width Modulation. Basically it very rapidly pulses the power on/off in a way that allows the fan motor to obtain full voltage and cause no damage, but by varying the "pulse width" or how long the pulses last you can vary the speed of the fans. This is standard in all new cars including for fuel pumps. It is also known to extend the life of electric motors because they aren't constantly running full tilt. The real advantage is that instead of your engine getting up to 215 and the fan running like crazy until it gets down to 195, the fan would come on slow at 200 and slowly increase in speed as the temp continues to climb and be full power at like 210. Then you could even slowly ramp the speed down as the temp decreases. This is good for your engine too because it keeps a more consistent operating temperature.

Hope that helps. I'm a huge fan of this technology. I use it for my fuel pump to extend pump life and reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the fuel. This is why Andrew recommends the vaporworx 5th gen fuel system along with it now making the fuel system returnless.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Again thanks for the info.

E85

Have you ever tuned a system for E85?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig7515 View Post
      Have you ever tuned a system for E85?
      Yes with LSA blower. I tend to be fairly conservative. I focus on drivability more than extracting the last bit of power.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Yes with LSA blower. I tend to be fairly conservative. I focus on drivability more than extracting the last bit of power.

Andrew
      Sounds like you need a driveway dyno!

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Sounds like you need a driveway dyno!

Don
      I need a lot of things...lol

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Andrew
      Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I have an LS3 in a 68 Camaro, Holley 4150 throttle body, Holley HP ECU. The IAC flares / ramps up on start up, with revs rising to 1700 rpm for about five seconds immediately upon start up, then drops back down to idle at about 1000 rpm. Could you offer any advice on how to lower the IAC start up ramping rpm please?
      Attached Images Attached Images  

There is a parameter in the idle ICF that can be adjusted to fix this. Also your IAC park might be too high.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Thank you Andrew

Is there a part number on that IAC? We make those for Holley too.

I'm late to the party here but, Andrew has helped me and my LS3 Terminator swap in my '78 TA. The LS3 is a GM crate motor rated to produce 533hp, last weekend I had a chance to dyno the car on a Dynojet and it pulled 410RWHP! With Andrew's help the driveability has been improved greatly and it's street manners are very good. Andrew is very responsive to my questions and he even provided assistance to a clutch issue I was having- nothing to do with the EFI system. It's been great working with Andrew!
      1978 Pontiac Trans Am Y88-R,
      UMI Performace, LS3/T56 Holley EFI

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
      Is there a part number on that IAC? We make those for Holley too.
      I'll have to look up the number, but generally, on the 4150 style TBs Holley uses the Chrysler style IAC.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

I'll have to look up the number, but generally, on the 4150 style TBs Holley uses the Chrysler style IAC.

Andrew
      I could probably ID it with a picture. The only market coverage we don't have is the BMW IAC. As you might guess, it's an overbuilt beast of an assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by gscherer78ta View Post
      I'm late to the party here but, Andrew has helped me and my LS3 Terminator swap in my '78 TA. The LS3 is a GM crate motor rated to produce 533hp, last weekend I had a chance to dyno the car on a Dynojet and it pulled 410RWHP! With Andrew's help the driveability has been improved greatly and it's street manners are very good. Andrew is very responsive to my questions and he even provided assistance to a clutch issue I was having- nothing to do with the EFI system. It's been great working with Andrew!
      Nicely done! I can't wait to get mine on a dyno once it's all back together.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Nicely done! I can't wait to get mine on a dyno once it's all back together.

Even better than the number from the dyno is the feeling I get when I press the pedal on track! A mix of terrified and happiness!!!!
      1978 Pontiac Trans Am Y88-R,
      UMI Performace, LS3/T56 Holley EFI

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com