Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1969 Camaro 6th Generation Camaro Interior

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but I can't yield any search results if so. The 5th generation Camaro dashboard and interior has been swapped into 1st generation Camaros numerous times in build threads on various forums, but I have yet to come across anything for 6th gen (2016-present). Are the sizes and proportion too different compared to the 5th gen or is there something else? I'm not familiar with exact dimensions, but the 5th and 6th gen Camaros are very similar so I'm surprised I can't find any results.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I think it’s very doable. Just don’t be scared to starting hacking it up! I put a Mercedes dash in mine with a 6th gen console. Console fits super nice! Check out my build thread in my signature for some pics.

My advice if you do do it, get EVERYTHING single nut, bolt, trim piece all from one donor car. All these little pieces will add up if you buy them separately. The most important is the support beam that’s behind the dash. This essentially holds and supports the entire dash. It has all the mounting holes and locations of everything.

Country Flag: United States
      I believe it would be more or less a similar swap. dimensionally they should be similar anyways seeing that the 5th and 6th gen Camaro didn't change interior width. I am very curious to learn if the dash support and transmission tunnel are similar also. Not that I plan to do it, I think the 5th gen is based more off of original Camaro styling whereas the 6th gen is a little more futuristic/ supercar styling. either can be done very nice

I did a swap for a friend of mine with a 5th gen dash and it was tight. I looked at the 6th gen and the main issue I saw was that the pod where the gauges sits goes further back than the 5th gen one. Additionally the lines along the back are easier to trim on the 5th gen vs the 6th. I would definitely take some measurements. Other than that I can't see why it wouldn't be doable but you're going to have to do more work with the 6th gen dash. I attached a pic for reference.

Alex

Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello, I was curious as to how Gen 6 dash install was going?? I'm looking to do the same.... Thx

How did you deal with the air bags and associated sensors??

For my friends swap we used a dummy air bag. For the gauges we used generic ones that fit into the holes. Going with the OEM ones would have required a whole lotta wiring and using the BCM. He didn't want to go that deep. I've seen guys do it though. Requires a donor car so you can get all the wiring out. Too complicated in my book.

Alex

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com