Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Oracle vs Dapper lighting?

Long story short, I purchased a basket-case project to finish up, and as you may guess.....many of the parts arent working like we hoped. One of those is the brand new Oracle 6914-504 Headlights that came with the car. It appears that the headlight buckets, along with the wiring harness on the car, will need heavy modification to make it work.

These lights run $81 each, so the kit was around $324 new.

I have found that Dapper lighting does not require any modifications at all...and is 100% plug and play. Costs a tad more at $360ish.

I think I already know the answer to this.....but would it be in my best interest to try to sell the Oracles, and purchase Dapper? The car will be listed FOr Sale once it's finished. Anyone here interested in the Oracles before I list them?

well, nevermind.....once I built the oracle lights out to what I like, they were almost $700. no thanks to that!

Country Flag: United States
      Name:  IMG_0434.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  325.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_0470.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  238.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_0475.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  251.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_0557.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  110.5 KB

I just installed dapper lighting OE7s in my Suburban. For the price, they're very, very good. I still need to aim them a little better but low beams are as good as any aftermarket 7" LED I've seen with the exception of the JW Speaker lights, which I didn't consider because I wanted to retain the stock appearance. The high beams are excellent. They obviously put the effort into these lights, as the cutoff is one of the best I've seen in an aftermarket LED.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

I just cant justify almost $700 for headlights.

I don't see how anyone can, honestly.

I have Dapper lighting on my Chevelle, very high quality kit, fit right into my factory buckets. Lights are a lot whiter and brighter in person... Name:  20200506_180227.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  73.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Simpson View Post
      I just cant justify almost $700 for headlights.

I don't see how anyone can, honestly.
      If you do any driving at night, the stock lights, or placebo-effect cheap led lights don’t do anything at speed.
      $700 is worth it to me to be able to spot a car-totaling deer at highway speed. Good headlight upgrades are almost as addicting as performance upgrades

FLYNAVY- those look AWESOME!
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Thanks Chris....for stock looking LEDs, I'm pretty happy with the output. If you look carefully, you can see that there's also an integrated turn signal bulb in the bottom of the housing. My next project is going to be wiring that up as the turn signal, and using the turn signal cut outs in the front bumpers to mount some sort of high output fog or flood light. The challenge is going to be finding something that doesn't look like it came out of a Transformers movie.
      1972 C20 Suburban
      1964 Corvette Coupe

I went with the Octane kit for $299. Look stock, no mods needed, no ballasts, and they claim output is amazing. I'll report back!

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF68 View Post
      I have Dapper lighting on my Chevelle, very high quality kit, fit right into my factory buckets. Lights are a lot whiter and brighter in person... Name:  20200506_180227.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  73.9 KB
      Did you go with the Halogen bulbs? How is the cutoff?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Are the halos DRLs?
      '72 Lemans
      468 Stroker; Aluminum KRE D-Ports ported by CVMS (10.2 comp); XR288HR Comp Cam; Port Matched Performer RPM; Quick Fuel Carb; Doug Long Tube Headers, 2.5 exhaust with H-pipe and Flowmasters; TH-400 w/11" 2800 stall; 9" Rear w/Eaton TruTrac Diff and 3.50 gears.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Did you go with the Halogen bulbs? How is the cutoff?

Andrew
      Went with halogen bulbs originally then purchased an LED headlight set separately. The halos come on with the parking lights. They also work as a switchback so when you put the turn signal on, the corresponding side turns Amber while the other stays white.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com