Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

4-Point Seat Harness

I'm looking at purchasing a 4 point harness but I don't have a backhalf roll bar that has the crossbar to anchor the shoulder straps. Has anyone attached the shoulder harness to the floor, more specifically that raised section the rear bench sits on. It's that vertical face of the floor pan just behind your heels when seated. From that point the harness just extends up over the seat. I plan on sewing a strap between the two shoulder straps just behind the seat close to the headrest, I think that will prevent the straps from wanting to separate and fall off your shoulders. So has anyone done something like this or have any opinions of why this wouldn't work as the same principals as attaching to a cross bar?

thanks in advance,
      Perry

Country Flag: United States

Country Flag: United States
      Do some research on racing harnesses and why they’re designed the way they are and most importantly, where they’re designed to attach and why. Even though they may never be needed, if installed improperly (ie anchored incorrectly, etc.) they can actually do more harm then good to your body. For example, by having a low anchor point, the harness will want to pull your shoulders down, not just back in a wreck potentially breaking your collar bone(s) and causing other injuries. I have the Schroth Profi II 4 point harnesses and love them. They were very accommodating and explained the science behind the belts and even sewed on a specific logo patch color I wanted.

That said, I have seen some designed to anchor between the rear seat cushions where the rear seat belt anchor points/child restraint anchors are located so what you’re asking is not an impossibility. I’d call Schroth and getting a recommendation. Good luck!

Shane
      #theanchorholds
      68 Camaro build thread:
      http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com