Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Power window questions

Hey guys, does anyone know if it is a relay or the ecu or whatever it is on late model cars with frameless windows that makes the window drop when the door opens?

My wife's 2017 TA Challenger does it and I want my windows to do that as well. I had replaced the window weather stripping years and years ago and if I didn't roll the window down before I shut the door the window didn't want to go into it. I'd have to drop the window slightly and then roll it back up again.

GM calls that feature window indexing and it is a function of the DDM (driver door module).

ive seen that on convertables with metal roofs idk how you could make it work.

Did this on a 3rd gen about a decade ago. There was a guy who created and was selling kits for it on ThirdGen.org back then.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Country Flag: Canada
      Mmm google coach wiring harness .. coach wire works ..something like that. Pretty sure they have a kit
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Str8_Jacket:
      Directed Electronics makes a window controller module (DEI535t) that can be programmed to "vent" the windows; the module also adds "one-touch" auto up & down feature. It will not work with the older window motors that have separate up & down windings found in 1960 and early 70's cars. I had to swap out the original window motors in my '72 442 convertible with some late model 2-wire reversible motors. I made adapters out of 12ga steel plate to mount the late model motors to the original regulators. I have pdf files of the adapters if anyone is interested.

Rodney

Rodney Meyers
      72 Olds 442 Rest-mod clone

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com